Technically on Overstay from Today?

Hi, last year on renewal of extension of stay I switched from "retirement" to "marriage", all went smoothly.

Last month I submitted a new application for extension of stay based on marriage and duly had my passport stamped for the thirty day under review period, that period expired yesterday.

At the start of the week we called our immigration office and were told to call back on Friday (yesterday). We called back yesterday morning and were told that nothing had arrived (presumably from Bangkok) and that we should call back in the afternoon. In the afternoon they still had nothing, when Mrs BM told them I was worried about having no current permission to be in Thailand stamped in my passport they assured her it would be no problem because the delay was not our fault and that they had everything under control.

The woman who we spoke to each time was the same woman who did me out of 1,000 Baht over a 90 day report, so I am a bit concerned.

I plan to go to the office on Monday morning to see if I can get some written confirmation from them to cover my rear.

Is this the best course of action? 

Are they under any obligation to give me something other than verbal assurances?

Have any others of you been in a similar situation?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Blue Muton

Yes, I had the same situation last year when the paperwork for my extension based on marriage came back late from BKK. When I went to the immigration office in Jomtien (I live just few minutes away), i was told to not worry, as it is not my problem but their's. Told to come back next day which I did, but still no paper from BKK. Told to come back in afternoon, they would check with BKK. Went back in afternoon, got my stamp, all ok. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Correct, but he should get a new 30 day stamp in his passport.

Immigration will not do that anymore. They just tell people to wait for it to be approved since the under consideration stamp allows you to stay until it is approved.