Car, 500 motorcycles seized in crackdown on road racing

rooster59

Car, 500 motorcycles seized in crackdown on road racing

By The Nation

Police in Samut Prakan province seized a car and some 500 motorcycles in an operation to crack down on road racing on Friday night.

Pol Maj-General Surachet Hakpal said police from 14 police stations in Samut Prakan set up road checkpoints to check for vehicles that were illegally modified for racing. They impounded a car and some 500 motorcycles.

The operation also found that 10 motorcyclists tested positive for drug use. They would be fined and subject to mandatory rehabilitation, Surachet added.

He said police also checked 61 motorcycle parts shops in Samut Prakan and arrested the owners of two shops for allegedly providing services to modify motorcycles for road racing.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30347899

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-06-16
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, thhMan said:

Those bikes are ridiculously loud... Racing is only part of the disturbance

The other 6 days of the week, these bikes are used from morning to night, waking up people and kids that have work or school to attend to.

Getting woken up at 3 in the morning by some idiot wannabe racer, deciding to get a feed at 7-11 is not about having fun... he/she is a pest to others!

We live many hundreds of metres away from a major arterial highway.  On Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights the kids racing on their motor bikes are deafening.   God help those who live closer.  Upset the Mums and Dads. They are responsible. Walking to school for a while might make an impression on the kids too.

The only way to stop this nuisance, and provide a useful income for an operator, is to set up some facilities where they can race legally. Make them wear proper clothing and helmets and crack down hard on any that persist in not racing on proper tracks, confiscating their bikes and stripping them down, selling the parts cheaply to legitimate racers.

The racing could also be combined with training them in maintenance and proper riding for the road and track.

This would depend on the Government or technical colleges taking a lead, so I’m not holding my breath.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Classic Ray said:

The only way to stop this nuisance, and provide a useful income for an operator, is to set up some facilities where they can race legally. Make them wear proper clothing and helmets and crack down hard on any that persist in not racing on proper tracks, confiscating their bikes and stripping them down, selling the parts cheaply to legitimate racers.

The racing could also be combined with training them in maintenance and proper riding for the road and track.

This would depend on the Government or technical colleges taking a lead, so I’m not holding my breath.

Sorry to say the soft approach won't work.

Crush the bikes and fine the parents, a lot.

• Like 1

this is the news I love...please come to pattaya soon,soi1 and beach rd we have several who just ''cannot give it a rest''..non stop ...these thai retards just love themselves and their loud scooters too much..one would think they, at some point ,would tire and get bored of all the grandstanding ...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, overherebc said:

Sorry to say the soft approach won't work.

Crush the bikes and fine the parents, a lot.

Agree , except auction the bikes and the proceeds used to provide better facilities to hospitals and / or schools .

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Deli said:

How do they know parts are for road but not for track racing ?

What is a modification for road racing, a smaller mirror or harder shocks ?

C'mon guys...  let the kidz have their fun, as we almost all had ( whingers excluded )

Nope, they keep everyone up at night.  F**** that, send them into the countryside 

On 6/16/2018 at 1:45 PM, Deli said:

How do they know parts are for road but not for track racing ?

What is a modification for road racing, a smaller mirror or harder shocks ?

C'mon guys...  let the kidz have their fun, as we almost all had ( whingers excluded )

fun?  Do your been in Thailand? 

very dangerous high speed bike's with young men there don't care about traffic and rules people getting killed by this and the bike's is very noisy here in jomtien they always race on beach road and don't care about other people cross the street and the beach is very noisy now and meny Thais want police to stop this but they to lazy for anything here 

P. S. If you live in Thailand I hope they will start coming to you and racing so you can see and feel what other people are tried of 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

fun?  Do your been in Thailand? 

very dangerous high speed bike's with young men there don't care about traffic and rules people getting killed by this and the bike's is very noisy here in jomtien they always race on beach road and don't care about other people cross the street and the beach is very noisy now and meny Thais want police to stop this but they to lazy for anything here 

P. S. If you live in Thailand I hope they will start coming to you and racing so you can see and feel what other people are tried of 

I always cheer 'em up when meeting 'em ?

And to you I recommend some English lessons... instead of whinging

• Sad 1

On 16. Juni 2018 at 4:58 PM, possum1931 said:

"C'mon guys...  let the kidz have their fun, as we almost all had ( whingers excluded )"

and if any of your family are killed by these road racing morons, that will be OK then, will it?

No chance, I'm single and will stay so.

39 minutes ago, Deli said:

I always cheer 'em up when meeting 'em ?

And to you I recommend some English lessons... instead of whinging

Not all are English native and you are just another farang there just like everything there is illegal meaby you are this kind of people there first wake up when it is you there get hurt and want other people to help you 

just continue your beerbar life