Call me any time: Trump says he gave North Korea's Kim direct number

rooster59

Call me any time: Trump says he gave North Korea's Kim direct number

800x800 (9).jpg

FILE PHOTO: North Korea's leader Kim Jong Un visits The Marina Bay Sands hotel in Singapore, June 11, 2018. REUTERS/Edgar Su/File Photo

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Friday he had given Kim Jong Un a direct phone number and suggested he might call the North Korean leader on Sunday, following their summit in Singapore this week.

"I'm going to be actually calling North Korea," Trump told Fox News in an interview when asked what he planned to do on Father's Day, without saying who he would be speaking to.

Trump, who has hailed his meeting with Kim on Tuesday as a success that removed the North Korean nuclear threat, told reporters later that he had given Kim a phone number to allow him to reach him directly.

"I can now call him. I can now say, 'Well, we have a problem.' I gave him a very direct number. He can now call me if he has any difficulties, I can call him," Trump said during an impromptu news conference on the White House lawn.

Asked about who he would speak to on Sunday, Trump said: "Well, I'm going to speak to people in North Korea, and I'm going to speak to my people who are over in North Korea." He did not elaborate.

Trump and Kim issued a joint statement after their meeting that reaffirmed the North's commitment to "work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula," while the United States undertook to provide security guarantees. [nL1N1TF11E]

Democratic critics in the United States said the agreement was short on detail and the Republican president had made too many concessions to Kim, whose country is under U.N. sanctions for its nuclear and weapons programs and is widely condemned for human rights abuses. [nL4N1TF1DF]

Trump has said he trusts Kim to follow through as the two countries negotiate dismantling North Korea's nuclear program.

Critics have assailed Trump for talking warmly of Kim after their meeting. In response to a reporter who suggested on Friday that he was defending Kim's human rights record, Trump said, "You know why, I don't want to see a nuclear weapon destroy you and your family ... I want to have a good relationship with North Korea."

U.S. Defense Secretary Mattis said Trump's summit with Kim, the first between a sitting U.S. president and a North Korean leader, showed that the past did not have to define the future, but that the U.S. military remained vigilant.

"While a possible new avenue to peace now exists with North Korea, we remain vigilant regarding pursuit of nuclear weapons anywhere in the world," Mattis said, speaking at a U.S. Naval War College graduation.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-06-16
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Only those with hyper TDS would find fault for Trump giving Kim his phone number. 

Trump has already been outed for refusing to secure his phones. The guy that met with him in the US and gave him the oversized 'letter" was the head of NK's secret service and elite computer hacking squad. The North Koreans have a hacking team that make the hacking team in Anonymous look like someone given a computer for the first time. One text message is enough to embed a program that will permit the microphone and hearing piece on Trumps phone to be turned on from any location in the world regardless of whether Trump is making a call or not. If this tale from Trump is true and not bravado then it is 10/10 on a scale idiotic.

Kim Jong has blood on his hands, he is guilty of crimes against humanity, he is corrupt, he is mentally unwell he believes no law applies to him  and ...... wait that is a description of Trump sorry .... well as they are both like pea's in a pod I guess its natural to exchange numbers.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

The North Koreans have a hacking team that make the hacking team in Anonymous look like someone given a computer for the first time.

1 hour ago, helpisgood said:

Good point!

Maybe Mueller should subpoena the NK hackers. ?

LOL, so now we're going to blame the North Koreans for Hillary's loss!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

The North Koreans have a hacking team that make the hacking team in Anonymous look like someone given a computer for the first time. One text message is enough to embed a program that will permit the microphone and hearing piece on Trumps phone to be turned on from any location in the world regardless of whether Trump is making a call or not.

With such a knowledge I have a problem to figure out if you're part of Kim's hacking team, one the best cyber security experts in the world, or just a tv troll.

I  think you're just a hardcore Trump hater.

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Does Justin Trudeau have his number?
I think most of the world has his number.

He's a bizarre demagogue with a strange regard for murderous dictators.

No! He ended up giving Trudeau his favorite 900 Number by mistake.

After that, Stormy didn't want to see him anymore so he blamed Trudeau for that to. Maybe why he calls Trudeau a Backstabber now?

Apologies for hurting your feelings by calling your best mate for what he really is. You are a hardcore Trump hater as well going by your posts.
As if opposing "trump" was a bad thing. I do support talking to enemies but this Singapore bromance fling with Kim smells of another "trump" con man stunt. What can we expect from a carnival barker?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

With such a knowledge I have a problem to figure out if you're part of Kim's hacking team, one the best cyber security experts in the world, or just a tv troll.

(Un)Surprising how a little bit of knowledge never fails to impress the man-child supporters....:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Apologies for hurting your feelings by calling your best mate for what he really is. You are a hardcore Trump hater as well going by your posts.

So am I. And you're a hardcore man-child supporter and apologist.

What's your point?

9 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Trump's use of unsecure mobile phone is in the public domain as well as NK's hacking expertise. Using hacking technique to turn on a microphone, including utilising TVs for the same purpose is well known.

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/the-inconvenient-truth-trump-uses-unsecured-cell-phone-1240440387788

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-02-07/inside-kim-jong-un-s-hacker-army

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-north-koreas-hackers-became-dangerously-good-1524150416

Edited by simple1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

Trump has already been outed for refusing to secure his phones. The guy that met with him in the US and gave him the oversized 'letter" was the head of NK's secret service and elite computer hacking squad. The North Koreans have a hacking team that make the hacking team in Anonymous look like someone given a computer for the first time. One text message is enough to embed a program that will permit the microphone and hearing piece on Trumps phone to be turned on from any location in the world regardless of whether Trump is making a call or not. If this tale from Trump is true and not bravado then it is 10/10 on a scale idiotic.

Kim Jong has blood on his hands, he is guilty of crimes against humanity, he is corrupt, he is mentally unwell he believes no law applies to him  and ...... wait that is a description of Trump sorry .... well as they are both like pea's in a pod I guess its natural to exchange numbers.

Text thru landlines hey?

US has no way of dealing with hackers?

THS is getting worse

22 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Trump's use of unsecure mobile phone is in the public domain as well as NK's hacking expertise. Using hacking technique to turn on a microphone, including utilising TVs for the same purpose is well known.

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/the-inconvenient-truth-trump-uses-unsecured-cell-phone-1240440387788

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-02-07/inside-kim-jong-un-s-hacker-army

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-north-koreas-hackers-became-dangerously-good-1524150416

Yeah talking about golf is what all the bad guys want.

They will have the secrets to reading the greens on the tricky front nine.

9 hours ago, Becker said:

So am I. And you're a hardcore man-child supporter and apologist.

What's your point?

Calling someone a man-child says more about you.

It's childish hatred.

Edited by Justfine

9 hours ago, Becker said:

(Un)Surprising how a little bit of knowledge never fails to impress the man-child supporters....:coffee1:

Suprising that childish haters think calling someone a man-child is some kind of intelligent or constructive comment.

Grow up.

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Does Justin Trudeau have his number?
I think most of the world has his number.

He's a bizarre demagogue with a strange regard for murderous dictators.

Canada is a small insignificant economy compared to most.

It's odd how trying to solve the NK brings out all the haters.

After 50 years of gaining no ground finally a POTUS tries to deal with the issues and all the haters can do is complain.