Maccenter Nobody Answers The Telephone!

Orangutan

I just called several times to both the MacCenetr locations, at Siam discovery center, and the one located at Modern Home Tower. No one is answering the phone? I know that there is also a Mac shop at Pantip. My question is does anybody else carry the 512 RAM memory modules. Can someone suggest a shop?

Thanks in advance,

-O

I just called several times to both the MacCenetr locations, at Siam discovery center, and the one located at Modern Home Tower. No one is answering the phone?

I heard they were out of the office buying their copies of Vista. Anyone confirm?

I got non apple, but compatable 1GB ram from the Mac shop on Sukhumvit 55 - sub soi 15 - it's on the parade of shops behind the wedding studio.

They are quite helpful; even helped me get some Apple software which the Apple shop at Siam didn't have a clue about.

Can't find the number, sorry.

You can also try http://www.login.co.th/AppleStore/

Went to the MacCenter shop at Siam, quoted me B6800 for 1 GB Ram. Called Ucon at Pantip 2 shops, on the ground fl., and 3rd fl. quoted me B5005 for 1 GB Ram installed.

Spot what did you pay?

Thanks,

-O

I got non apple, but compatable 1GB ram from the Mac shop on Sukhumvit 55 - sub soi 15 - it's on the parade of shops behind the wedding studio.

They are quite helpful; even helped me get some Apple software which the Apple shop at Siam didn't have a clue about.

Can't find the number, sorry.

You can also try http://www.login.co.th/AppleStore/

Went to the MacCenter shop at Siam, quoted me B6800 for 1 GB Ram. Called Ucon at Pantip 2 shops, on the ground fl., and 3rd fl. quoted me B5005 for 1 GB Ram installed.

Spot what did you pay?

Thanks,

-O

What kind of Mac do you have?

If you have an Intel mac, any shop can install RAM for you, you don't need any special RAM. These have Intel motherboards which basically accepts any RAM without complaints.

If you have a PowerBook or iBook - these are the older, PowerPC based machines - you need to get special compatible RAM. Apple did some weird stuff with slowing down the RAM speed dynamically in these machines and not all RAM will play along with that. I had one of these and I had intermittent crashes, two or three complete freezes a day. Then I got compatible memory and all was fine.

Remember that you only need Mac compatible RAM, not actual Apple manufactured RAM which is more expensive.

Minor correction: Apple doesn't manufacture any RAM.

You pay more in the Apple store because they guarantee that it works, and that it works in your Mac - whatever that's worth. It can be important if you have one of the machines with finicky RAM - see my post above.

I have a Macbook pro (intel) and it cost me 5900 baht for 1G.

Works ok.

The shop I mentioned is one I'm going to use from now on as the other places (Pantip/Siam) were pretty useless and clueless when I was trying to find upgrade software for my Logic pro.

I'd just spent 85000 on a new Macbook pro at Siam, and they couldn't be bothered finding the essential software for me.

They said 'have to order from website'....which is impossible, as Apple don't deliver in Thailand.

The shop on Sukhumvit 55 sorted me out with a solution.

They seem clued up and helpful.