Thailand welcomes 2.8 million tourists in May 2018

webfact

Thailand welcomes 2.8 million tourists last month

ft.jpg.2a1c84928e10fa4e187341b446d9485d.jpg

FILE photo

BANGKOK, 20th June 2018 (NNT) – Tourist arrivals rose 6.3% to 2.8 million in May 2018. 

The Permanent Secretary for Tourism and Sports, Pongpanu Svetarundra, said the majority of visitors last month were from East Asia, followed by Europe, South Asia, and the United States. 

Mr. Pongpanu said the Chinese remained at the top of international arrivals. 

For 2018, the Ministry of Tourism and Sports aims to achieve a 10% year-on-year growth in the number of visitors, or around 37 million to 38 million.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-06-20

3 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

They keep on about this but most business owners i talk to say numbers may be up but takings are certainly not.  Seems all the Bullshit with numbers of people doesn't stack up with what's entering the till's !

How much money enters tills? I thought most entered pockets...…...undeclared!

Great news !!...and for how long was each tourist stuck in the immigration queue ? .....and how many of these tourists were cheated from Bangkok Airport during the taxi ride to town ?.....these figures would be of top interest !!    :welcomeani:

2 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Every where its quiet with tourism , but hey the numbers are up again.

Are they connected with the TAT, same nonsense stories ?

Maybe you need to get around more just the opposite from what I am seeing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Great news !!...and for how long was each tourist stuck in the immigration queue ? .....and how many of these tourists were cheated from Bangkok Airport during the taxi ride to town ?.....these figures would be of top interest !!    :welcomeani:

You must be doing something wrong.

Never waited more then 20 minutes at immigration and always have the meter going in a taxi the same every time.

As far as major cities in the world taxis are very inexpensive here in case you did not know.

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

You must be doing something wrong.

Never waited more then 20 minutes at immigration and always have the meter going in a taxi the same every time.

As far as major cities in the world taxis are very inexpensive here in case you did not know.

?????.....(thank you for the good laugh) ...Have a nice evening !

• Like 2

i know it's not about chinese and i know they have some big spenders here but last night i was outside a place, semi condo hotel type thing. 8 chinese tourists all going into the place each one carrying a plastic bag with a seven box meal, one each. around 8pm. probably staying in the same room. nice holiday

The more tourists coming in the less I come to Thailand.

I lived there for 10 years, color me gone.

There are much better places IMO to retire now.

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr. Pongpanu said the Chinese remained at the top of international arrivals. 

Would be interesting to see if the other nationality numbers are decreasing or not - the Chinese tourist numbers are top in most destinations in Asia. Is Thailand really looking for quality tourists or is the quick buck Chinese tours the way forward now?