Brown wee - hepatitis or running too much?

partjfos

The OP had a general check up and says all test results were normal (excluding a 1 point elevation in liver enzyme, which means nothing). He did not specify what tests were done but any checkup package will include at least creatnine and urinalysis so kidney problem is unlikely. Liver dysfunction can also be ruled out.

My guess is that, since he got a check up package rather than the recommended specific tests, potassium, CK and bilirubin were not tested, and the urinalysis was a simple dipstick which might not detect myoglobulin.

It is also my guess, since he seems to have lost interest in posting, that the problem has resolved on its own. In which case: dehydration, possibly with some muscle damage from excessive exertion but not full blown rhabdo.

BTW those saying (in effect) "it can't be hepatitis because I had it and had symptoms XYZ" are wrong. There is a very, very wide clinical spectrum for hepatitis, infections can be so mild as to be unnoticeable or so severe that one is completely incapacitated. The possible associated symptoms include everything but the kitchen sink, but none of them  are experienced by all patients.

Same is true, to a lesser extent, of most other diseases.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Sheryl said:

The OP had a general check up and says all test results were normal (excluding a 1 point elevation in liver enzyme, which means nothing). He did not specify what tests were done but any checkup package will include at least creatnine and urinalysis so kidney problem is unlikely. Liver dysfunction can also be ruled out.

My guess is that, since he got a check up package rather than the recommended specific tests, potassium, CK and bilirubin were not tested, and the urinalysis was a simple dipstick which might not detect myoglobulin.

It is also my guess, since he seems to have lost interest in posting, that the problem has resolved on its own. In which case: dehydration, possibly with some muscle damage from excessive exertion but not full blown rhabdo.

BTW those saying (in effect) "it can't be hepatitis because I had it and had symptoms XYZ" are wrong. There is a very, very wide clinical spectrum for hepatitis, infections can be so mild as to be unnoticeable or so severe that one is completely incapacitated. The possible associated symptoms include everything but the kitchen sink, but none of them  are experienced by all patients.

Same is true, to a lesser extent, of most other diseases.

Nothing can be ruled out only tests will reveal what the problem is, don’t wait and listen  to what it could be by people here , there guessing, go to doctor, then you will know.

Nothing can be ruled out only tests will reveal what the problem is, don’t wait and listen  to what it could be by people here , there guessing, go to doctor, then you will know.
He HAD tests. My post refers to conditions that can be ruled out by the tests he already had done.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 6/26/2018 at 11:13 AM, moontang said:

Thanks, JP, I am going to send that one to my Dad, who doesn't drink enough water.

We never do I live in the UAE and it can get into the 50s in the summer so I know how important it is to keep hydrated, hence the chart to help the students I teach on the importance of good hydration, a side effect fatigue by the way. Glad it was of some use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"I also read that Rhabdomyolysis can be caused by viral infections such as HIV and Herpes.  I have herpes.  Also it can be caused by insect bites or snake bites - I'm regularly in the jungle and get bitten by insects, leeches and ticks a lot." 

If you know you have "Herpes" you should not be having UNPROTECTED SEX.

• Like 2

Im at koh chang at the moment without the test results papers so i'll post an update next week when im back in bangkok. My plan was to get the hepatitis a and c tests next, probably from the red cross centre. Thanks for the comments/suggestions.