As Pheu Thai Unease Grows, Sudarat Aide Denies She’s Ditching Them

webfact

As Pheu Thai Unease Grows, Sudarat Aide Denies She’s Ditching Them

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

25-%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A2%

Sudarat Keyuraphan poses for a photo with her supporters on Aug. 25 in Bangkok

BANGKOK — A Pheu Thai official today disputed a media report a potential party successor threatened to quit if the throne slips from her grasp.

Sudarat Keyuraphan, who’s said to be a favorite candidate of Pheu Thai strongman Thaksin Shinawatra but detested by the rank-and-file, has no plans to leave the party, according to her aide. Sudarat is not engaging in any succession warfare with other executives either, he said.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/06/20/as-pheu-thai-unease-grows-sudarat-aide-denies-shes-ditching-them/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-06-21

LOL!

You can't believe anything until it's been officially denied.

I hope she does leave, Pheua Thai will be much better off without her and her ilk. Good opportunity to purge the reds and keep only the members who are an asset.

Edited by KiwiKiwi

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

So not Thaksin choice who leads PTP? That will shocked the but but anti Thaksin brigade.   

Shock them but not stop them, unfortunately. They can only keep one idea in their heads at any one time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KiwiKiwi said:

LOL!

You can't believe anything until it's been officially denied.

I hope she does leave, Pheua Thai will be much better off without her and her ilk. Good opportunity to purge the reds and keep only the members who are an asset.

There are no assets to this party. Its a handful of manipulative corrupt self-seekers and sociopaths leading the poor and dispossessed

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ianf said:

There are no assets to this party. Its a handful of manipulative corrupt self-seekers and sociopaths leading the poor and dispossessed

In other words, you believe they are the same as other Thai political parites.

I beg to differ, I've had reasonable conversations with several senior Phuea Thai and Redshirt people, and I have alawys found them reasonable. I have never spoken, nor would speak with Sudarat, she makes my flesh crawl.

I believe the people I have spoken to are reasonable and motivated by a concern for poorer Thais, something I never encountered in or around Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket or Hua Hin.

You say there are no assets to Phuea Thai, I won't argue, your view is reasonable according to your experience. Mine is reasonable according to mine.

Corrupt and manipulative self-seekers and sociopaths? Maybe, but then they are a product of the Thai nation so what is says about Thais is pretty much what I've always said. Overall, I think I prefer non-military corrupt and manipulative self-seekers and sociopaths, they don't tend to have guns and enjoy kicking and killing people, and they tend to be brighter.

Edited by KiwiKiwi