WATCH: This video reveals one of the reasons why so many people die on Thailand's roads

webfact

Correct. Nothing unusual about it. Worst I've seen was the mother holding a new baby in one arm driving down a badly potholed road, or the guy holding an umbrella while his girlfriend was riding pillion.
I want to know how her m'bike kept going when she took her hand off the throttle. My bike slowed down instantly if I did that.

My partners brother does it all the time. He carries their two year old in one hand, drives with the other and usually has his son and wife on the back. First time you see it you are shocked but after a while it you become desensitised. I’ve give up arguing about her letting her 11 year old use her motorbike and if she says no he goes to her father who lets him use theirs. As long as I say no then my conscience is clear. I accept nothing will change so no point getting my knickers in a twist over. It’s village life, like it or lump it.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 6/21/2018 at 4:34 AM, Kinnock said:

... I've tried riding one handed on my bike SuperCub - and I steer like a drunk circus bear...

This is a video of a guy who rode a Kawasaki from zero to 400 KPH in 26 seconds.  At 1:41 as he is slowing down, he stands on the pegs and waves his arms for about 10 seconds.  Still probably doing 100 KPH. 

Actually, you can guide a motorcycle even if the front wheel isn't on the ground.  World record for a wheelie is 500 KM non-stop by Masaru Abe.  Took him 13 hours!

On 6/21/2018 at 3:05 AM, Ks45672 said:

It's easy to take your hands off the bars briefly ...

I once rode in a bus over the mountains enroute from Loei to Phitsanulok.  On one curve, the driver let go of the wheel at a turn so he could wai at the spirit house and offerings left for those who had gone over the cliff there. 

• Haha 1

On 6/21/2018 at 1:04 PM, kannot said:

Ive stopped even  carrying my phone with me now, rarely ever  look at it, sick of retards wandering round like zombies, they bump into you when walking, they block door ways, escalators, you name it.......tossers the lot  of em!

Nothing so urgent that cant wait.

How dare you say nothing so urgent it cant wait. Pokemon levels have to be achieved, what is more important than that?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, upu2 said:

How dare you say nothing so urgent it cant wait. Pokemon levels have to be achieved, what is more important than that?

To stay alive….:whistling:

Just now, ttrd said:

To stay alive….:whistling:

In Thailand that is of less importance that playing a game on your phone, after all you have the amulets so nothing can go wrong!!!!!!

11 hours ago, PBarnfeather said:

I was a driving instructor in American military for two years and three years more as a civilian. Taking a 15 year old for his first driving lesson is pretty scary but Thailand roads are worse.

The roads are fine in Thailand.

same as the bikes, cars and trucks are fine.

it's more of  a low gene pool problem.

Edited by stanleycoin

20 minutes ago, upu2 said:

In Thailand that is of less importance that playing a game on your phone, after all you have the amulets so nothing can go wrong!!!!!!

For all living souls and creatures on the planet Earth (including Thailand) the most important in life is to stay alive , but unfortunately some loose their focus sometimes something that sooner or later will happen to the most of us in one way or another. Some are lucky and get a second chance and some didnt get the chance to even understand what actually  happened...

RIP to those who never got a second chance...

Edited by ttrd

On 6/21/2018 at 1:46 PM, AlexRich said:

I think they are around 98, up from 94? 

Not true, Thais firmly at 84 and not budging on that issue as long as their schools etc etc are what they are.

US army will not enlist individuals with IQ less than 86 as these people are deemed untrainable so maybe thT explains few things around here!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, smew said:

Not true, Thais firmly at 84 and not budging on that issue as long as their schools etc etc are what they are.

US army will not enlist individuals with IQ less than 86 as these people are deemed untrainable so maybe thT explains few things around here!

So how come the USA has all them people in the Army.

Someone been shipping Khao San road diplomas to the USA ?

Naughty boys. :cheesy:

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, smew said:

The lowest ranking i could find was 91 ... 84 is completely wrong. Thai's have an intelligence potential much higher than what people on Thai Visa state. 

7 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

The lowest ranking i could find was 91 ... 84 is completely wrong. Thai's have an intelligence potential much higher than what people on Thai Visa state. 

84 sounds about right to me... 

3 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

84 sounds about right to me... 

Yes, best not to let facts get in the way. If you feel something then it must be true. Send my regards to you and your friends at the Flat Earth Society. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AlexRich said:

Yes, best not to let facts get in the way. If you feel something then it must be true. Send my regards to you and your friends at the Flat Earth Society. 

84 may even be a bit too generous.... For you and the thais.... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

The IQ number was quoted by medical doctors when  I was at an American ycardiologist and pediatrician presentation at Bangkok hospital in Pattaya when my wife was about to give birth. Remember this number because thought it was low. The doctor quoted some New England medical journal and some specific IQ test and he was quite adamant about it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smew said:

No comment

2 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Sad that squandered potential, perhaps they peaked too early

6 hours ago, smew said:

The US army generally enlist recruits that don't really have any other options. Those who barely managed to finish high school for example. I'm pretty sure armies around the world are about the same - rarely does a very IQ individual consider a career in the army. The pay is crap, your freedom goes out the window etc.

2 hours ago, smew said:

The IQ number was quoted by medical doctors when  I was at an American ycardiologist and pediatrician presentation at Bangkok hospital in Pattaya when my wife was about to give birth. Remember this number because thought it was low. The doctor quoted some New England medical journal and some specific IQ test and he was quite adamant about it. 

Adamant and wrong. Thai’s are not as dumb as people on here like to portray them. However, they are below average ... bear in mind that China has a relatively high IQ and many Thai’s have Chinese heritage, and are relatively successful.