Extending tourist visa for 30 days

Hi, 

My tourist visa expires June 23, Saturday. My error but am moving apartment tomorrow. Thought it was valid until 25th June as arrived in from Laos on April 25.

So, I want to get the 30 day extension. It was issued for 60 days. So I can get the 30 day extension as I believe. 

Is there anyway to do this online? Or any other way in central Bangkok that I could get to quickly, or any service that will do it or do I have to go to chang wattana which is going to take most of the day and with moving not sure I can make it? 

If I go monday 25 I presume they won't extend the visa as it will be 2 days after visa expires? 

Thanks, 

Paulinho. 

Your entry was for 60 days not 2 months. You should of looked at the admitted until date on your entry stamp instead of guessing when it ended. You can do the extension a couple of weeks early and not lose any days.

Since you permit to stay ends on Saturday when immigration is closed you can go on Monday and not be fined for a overstay. If you don't go on Monday you will be fined for everyday of overstay at 500 baht per day.

No problem to wait until Monday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Your entry was for 60 days not 2 months. You should of looked at the admitted until date on your entry stamp instead of guessing when it ended. You can do the extension a couple of weeks early and not lose any days.

Since you permit to stay ends on Saturday when immigration is closed you can go on Monday and not be fined for a overstay. If you don't go on Monday you will be fined for everyday of overstay at 500 baht per day.

No problem to wait until Monday.

Once the tourist visa expires and into overstay it is still possible to get the extension? Can one get an extension on the last day of a tourist visa?

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The visas expiration date means nothing once your are in the country. Only the 60 day entry from the visa matters.

Immigration will issue a 30 day extension of stay with a few days of overstay after the fine of 500 per day is paid.

Thanks UJ. I am a bit worried there will be some problem with my Non-Imm "O" application and since I am to return for the "result" the very day of my tourist visa expiration I am thinking ahead about a contingency plan. IE. Getting an extension on my tourist visa, paying overstay one day etc..

The final document check on my Non-Imm "O" was done by the secretary of the female officer at desk 7 and I think I may have forgotten to sign a couple of the copies in the application... worried it will be rejected even though the paper work was accepted at the 7 office.

Edited by likerdup1

3 hours ago, travelling wilbury said:

t depends on your local immigration office some will isue a new visa

No immigration office is going to issue you with a new visa.

You have a permission to stay and the immigration office will (hopefully) issue you an extension of the permission to stay. Nothing to do with your visa. If you entered on a single entry tourist visa, it was cancelled when it was used entering the country.

As others have said there is no point in waiting until the last minute to get an extension. The extended permission to stay will begin from the date the current permission ends whenever you apply. Nothing will be lost by getting the extension days before your permission to stay ends and nothing to be gained by waiting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

since I am to return for the "result" the very day of my tourist visa expiration I am thinking ahead about a contingency

Apparently you didn't read what UJ (and others) wrote. The expiration date on your tourist visa is irrelevant. The expiration of your permission to stay is the date that matters regarding your legal presence in the country.

3 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Apparently you didn't read what UJ (and others) wrote. The expiration date on your tourist visa is irrelevant. The expiration of your permission to stay is the date that matters regarding your legal presence in the country.

OK, I understand what you are saying. Yes, expiration of my permission to stay is that I am talking about. I used the wrong terminology. Permission to stay is the small ink stamp with the date on it. Expiration of the visa is the last day I could use it to enter Thailand. I think you may have surmised that what I meant is the expiration of permission to stay but thank you for pointing out the difference.

10 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

Thanks UJ. I am a bit worried there will be some problem with my Non-Imm "O" application and since I am to return for the "result" the very day of my tourist visa expiration I am thinking ahead about a contingency plan.

As I have written before if you application was accepted and the 2000 baht fee paid there is a 99% chance the application will approved.

Also you could go a couple of days early to check if it was approved.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

As I have written before if you application was accepted and the 2000 baht fee paid there is a 99% chance the application will approved.

Also you could go a couple of days early to check if it was approved.

Thanks again UJ for your help and assistance. Cheers!