When did a Thai give you the thumbs up and say 'verry good'

bbabythai

9 hours ago, idman said:

About an hour ago after I had the Xmax washed and detailed I pulled into a station to gas up and a Thai looked at now gorgeous my bike looked and gave me a thumbs up.  Does that qualify???

A police man always give me thumbs up when he see me, and wave me off when they have their regular checpoint checking driving license and helmets. I explained to a Dutch he needed a international driving license, and when he asked what I have to do now, I said you pay the police. That police never forgets that, and I got a best friend. 

Another local policeman have the same bike as me, and always drive up to me and give me a thumbs up to when he sees me. So I feel very secure with my new friends around ?

17 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

Every time some idiot comes through the village posting signs on all the electric poles, I go to the head of my soi and remove them even if I have to bring along my ladder to get the ones posted higher up and tied with wire. The lady on the corner of the soi always gives me a thumbs up. If I see trash in the street in front of someone's home I will wait until they are in their front yard and then go pick it up while they are watching so that they will feel a loss of face. Inevitably they will give me a thumb's up and then start cleaning in front of their homes. If they don't clean I will go back over and over again until they get the message. Somebody has to be the policeman on this soi or it will turn into a ghetto sooner rather than later.

What the Fck! Why do you worry about your soi turning into a ghetto, Thai's don't care! If your house and area are clean, that's enough! You'll be lucky if they only poison your dog! 

Saw a lady with two babies in her arms and her stroller full of shopping bags on Beach Road. She was waving down and rejecting baht bus rides. I assumed she was new here, was Russian (blonde), and wanted to go to Jomtien. I was correct, and she didn't want to pay 200 baht. Tried to explain how to do it for 20 baht but the transfer had her worried. So I went with her, though that was not in my plans. The transfer was clumsy, unloading, racing lights, fighting a stroller over curbs and ankles, the lady clambering aboard as departure neared. I let her make that final part of the journey on her own. A group of drivers sitting on a bench awaiting their turn gave me applause and thumbs up. The Russian lady neither looked nor gave a nod. Didn't even offer to pay my 10 baht fare!

• Haha 1