Doctor shortage leaves Nongprue locals aching

Rimmer

Doctor shortage leaves Nongprue locals aching

image.png

PATTAYA:--Nongprue residents are complaining that local clinics are suffering unscheduled closures due to a shortage of doctors.

Mayor Mai Chaiyanit and sub-district council members met with representatives from the region’s 44 communities to discuss facilities such as the Mabprachan Medical Center, which now closes several days a week due to a shortage of doctors and nurses.

Residents said many people prefer to use local clinics and walk-in centers, especially the elderly who cannot commute to city hospitals or wait all day in crowded waiting rooms.

Sub-district officials offered little consolation, pointing out Mabprachan has never posted operating hours and only operates when it can.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/doctor-shortage-leaves-nongprue-locals-aching-213497

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-06-22

Most Thai doctors know less than me about the workings of the human body and I'm a retired English teacher.  The last time I saw a doctor for a severe bout of gastroenteritis he was peeved because I refused to stay in overnight; he wrote me a prescription for SEVEN sets of pills, one of which, according to MIMS, was for epilepsy in dogs!

11 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Most Thai doctors know less than me about the workings of the human body and I'm a retired English teacher.  The last time I saw a doctor for a severe bout of gastroenteritis he was peeved because I refused to stay in overnight; he wrote me a prescription for SEVEN sets of pills, one of which, according to MIMS, was for epilepsy in dogs!

thai pharmacies stock medicines for dogs?