Teatime tv

Fairynuff

2 minutes ago, BenCrew said:

People are paying more for the 'on demand', which is well worth the extra when you are 6 hours in advance. Most of the programs worth watching are on in the evening, unless you're a fan of 'Loose Women'! ? 

Point taken but HDPrime also has catch-up..albeit only 1 day, but I think that 1day would cover most stuff and certainly all the sport 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Point taken but HDPrime also has catch-up..albeit only 1 day, but I think that 1day would cover most stuff and certainly all the sport

I get great use from the full 7-days catch-up I have and would not be happy to cut it down to just one day. The idea of watching only live TV (without the ability to skip through adverts and boring bits) is too dull for words. I'd rather not bother at all.

I got a Thomson PVR10UK Tivo when they were first released there (nearly 20 years ago now) and have never watched live TV since. Life is too short. I used that Tivo in Europe to record UK Sky Digital, hacked the box to get the EPG data over the internet and to fit a larger hard drive and other extras. Great fun.

6 hours ago, BenCrew said:

People are paying more for the 'on demand', which is well worth the extra when you are 6 hours in advance. Most of the programs worth watching are on in the evening, unless you're a fan of 'Loose Women'! ? 

I get 8 days 'on demand' full sports channels, movies, many channels full HD, pretty much every channel you could ever wish for, all for nearly half price of Teatime (4,100baht), so pretty much a no brainer really.

When I had teatime it would only work with SD, but it was free, so at the time there was no complaints from me.

Kodi does free tv, but I've found quality with a paid IPTV is so much better and reliable.

6 hours ago, vogie said:

I get 8 days 'on demand' full sports channels, movies, many channels full HD, pretty much every channel you could ever wish for, all for nearly half price of Teatime (4,100baht), so pretty much a no brainer really.

When I had teatime it would only work with SD, but it was free, so at the time there was no complaints from me.

Kodi does free tv, but I've found quality with a paid IPTV is so much better and reliable.

Through which service? International news channels included?

I think Thai Expat TV were raided because they got greedy and started to show premier league games which upset the local franchisee who had paid a fortune for the broadcast rights. If Teatime TV stick to channels like BBC and ITV I think there will probably be no issues in Thailand.

TV Mucho doesn't work well for me (buffering, etc.) even on a 30MB connection with True fibre, but the new Teatime TV app works great so far.

However I'm confused by the pricing on their website because I've paid nothing so far and it still works.

On 6/27/2018 at 2:39 PM, myprivate said:

I think Thai Expat TV were raided because they got greedy and started to show premier league games which upset the local franchisee who had paid a fortune for the broadcast rights. If Teatime TV stick to channels like BBC and ITV I think there will probably be no issues in Thailand.

TV Mucho doesn't work well for me (buffering, etc.) even on a 30MB connection with True fibre, but the new Teatime TV app works great so far.

However I'm confused by the pricing on their website because I've paid nothing so far and it still works.

A few days ago, I noticed that the 'live' World Cup games were running with about a  35 minute delay.

More recently, they have reduced the free trial channels to 2 and have a pop-up asking to supply your account or register if you have't got an account yet. So far, both my emails from two different email addresses and two different machines requesting to open an account are unanswered after maybe 3 or 4 days.

Still got all channels showing on the free web site version of Teatime. However like the old ThaiExpatTV and the UKTV that they took over its all running 5 minutes late for live options even if you were paying for it. Best to go for another international premium service for a fraction the price with many more channels methinks. 

23 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

Still got all channels showing on the free web site version of Teatime.

As of today this no longer works, so long Teatime, was nice knowing you. Already been with TETV and not going there again.

4 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

As of today this no longer works, so long Teatime, was nice knowing you. Already been with TETV and not going there again.

I have just paid for one months viewing with Teatime.

I know there are cheaper options available but for me I can justify the extra cost in being able to download programs and save them to a hard drive for future viewing. Also having a buffer on the player in invaluable when your internet connection is not so secure.

I lost six months subscription when Thai Expat was shut down, so I plan to pay just monthly this time.

Last time this bunch tried to take over Teatimetv, the fix was to type play.teatimetv.to and it all worked fine until today.

So is there another "fix" to watch a free service, or have this lot based in East Pattaya managed to hack into the .to servers and demand 600 bt/month ?

HDPrime has the same channels plus UK sports channels for 380 bt/month.

Or there's always a chance that Kodi will work..........

1 hour ago, Caiman said:

Maybe Teatime TV is a reincarnation of Thai Expat TV, sure looks very familiar.

Yes, It definitely is.I took out a month subscription today, and being a former Expat TV customer, the e-mail reply had my surname on it! Whatever, the picture quality is excellent, and needs must, so see what happens, because I'm looking at giving TV Mucho a try too.

There is no way to subscribe yet, they tell me the system will be in place in about 2 more weeks.

My neighbour went to their "office" which is an empty townhouse down a narrow side-soi.

Nobody there.

Anyway, the original teatimetv.to still works in Thailand if you use a vpn.

On 7/5/2018 at 8:51 PM, BenCrew said:

Yes, I did know that, but I'm watching Teatime now, and have got a 12 minute buffer, just like old times! Reliability is everything... for a few quid more.

Please explain how you are able to view Teatimetv

They cannot accept any subscriptions so what url are you using ?

3 minutes ago, sungod said:

If its the same guys as Expat, i wonder if they will honour the 11 months subscription I lost when they were busted!!!!!

I think they are French -- they have the option of French tv on their page, which Teatimetv never had.

And when they wrote to me, they spelt my name the French way !!

• 1 month later...

Archived