Yet Another Vv Refusal

Well hi to you all,as promised i would let you no how thing's went with my wife and son's vv application, well after my wife being interviewed for 3hours they where refused and the refusal paper work states on the ground's of my wife not having a good enough reason to return to thialand at the end of her stay,even though we submited document's to prove we had plan's in place to have a family wedding blessing in thialand in may,Do the people at the embassy actually take a real look at the paperwork submited or is a case of let's pick the name's out of a hat who we want to refuse on the day???Well are next step is to go for settlement visa's any thought's on this.

It is likely that your subsequent marriage has legitimised your son's birth and he may well now have an entitlement to British citizenship. I would suggest seeking to get him a British passport, and that's then half the battle won.

Whether your wife now applies for a settlement visa is strictly for the two of you to decide. A settlement visa is not necessarily easier to obtain; it just has different criteria to be met. Where those that are refused settlement visas usually fall down is on the requirement to demonstrate that the applicant and spouse intend to live together permanently. However, in your case, that you have had a child together is ample evidence of the sincerity of your relationship.

With regard to your wife's and son's visit visa applications, I am intrigued by the fact that it took the visa officer 3 hours to determine. This to me suggests that the outcome was very finely balanced and that the visa officer probably wanted to issue the visas, and discussed it with the ECM who ultimately instructed him/her to refuse. If you were intent upon your wife coming to the UK initially on a visit visa, I think well-aimed representations could either get the decision overturned, or result in a successful second application.

Best of luck,

Scouse.

A quick call to the embassy to ask them to elaborate on why you didn't give enough proof that you will return is in order. However as I understand it there is no option to appeal. As scouse suggests the decision seems to be marginal. If you dont get a satisfactory response from the embassy the best action would be to apply again addressing the reasons for refusal.

If it was not your intention to settle in the UK but just to visit then I think the best advice is to continue with the visit visa application. A second application will prove your intention and your relationship. Good luck

However as I understand it there is no option to appeal.

I'd totally overlooked the fact that there will be a right of appeal as it is a family visit. Your wife should have been given the appeal papers and you have 28 days from the date of decision to lodge the appeal. On the downside, any appeal may not be heard for 6 months or more.

Scouse.

It does make you wonder if they bother to look at the evidence submitted doesn't it ? As they interviewed her for an amazing 3 hours one assumes they did look at everything as they certainly had time to!!

I won't go on about it (for now)but here is yet another case of someone being FORCED to go for the settlement visa when all they wanted was a VV. Although you could re-apply for the VV you would need to address the reasons for refusal as they could hardly grant it on exactly the same evidence without looking stupid could they?

As it happens you were planning to get married anyway . However before this application it was a matter of choice , now its a case of neccessity . Need i say more ....

mikeybee, as Scouse says it seems that this was very marginal, with the area of doubt, IMHO, being whether she would bother to return for the wedding ceremony or not.

You could appeal this refusal, and probably have a good chance of it being overturned, or you could shrug it off, go ahead with the marriage and then apply for settlement.

IMHO any settlement application will be a doddle. They have refused her a visit visa on the grounds that she is your wife and they believe she will want to stay in the UK. They can't then deny this when she applies for settlement, can they?

Good luck with whatever you decide.

It does make you wonder if they bother to look at the evidence submitted doesn't it ? As they interviewed her for an amazing 3 hours one assumes they did look at everything as they certainly had time to!!
For the answer, read Scouse's post above.
here is yet another case of someone being FORCED to go for the settlement visa when all they wanted was a VV.
Do you actually read posts, or does you prejudice blind you so you only see what you want to see? The OP was going to get married anyway, so how is he being forced into marriage? They were going to apply for settlement, so how are they being forced into doing so? Edited by GU22

well thanks for your reply's,yes we did get the appeal paperwork and yes as you have said if we go down this road it could take time, so this is why we have decided to go the settlement route and hopefully get it all out of the way soon,for now it's just filling the form's out again and replying so thank's again and will let you no what happens next time.hopefully the right result

Mickey, Im a little confused, you refer to your 'wife' yet others say you will get married soon.........which is it?

You may want to consider the 'relative visa' for family members if you are married, however it may involve giving a substantial bond for the duration of the stay in the uk.

Let us know what your status is? married or not?

all the best!

Mickey, Im a little confused, you refer to your 'wife' yet others say you will get married soon.........which is it?

You may want to consider the 'relative visa' for family members if you are married, however it may involve giving a substantial bond for the duration of the stay in the uk.

Let us know what your status is? married or not?

all the best!

To put the story straight we are already married,we were planning to return to thailand in may to have a ceremony with my wife's parent's to finalise are marraige the thai way.