What do i need to do at immigration?

Hello Joe and all,

I hope that you are well.

This is the week that my family makes the jump from China to Hua Hin. Woo hoo. A long time coming and the chance for my children and wife to be properly immersed in Thai society which is going to significantly add to their education and life experience.....

The first night we will stay in a hotel and then we will move into the house that I rented on the Sunday. We will stay for 5 days and then the family will go to the UK for a 2 week holiday.

On the Monday I will go to the immigration and time is critical as we will only be in Hua Hin from Sunday to Thursday AM. Meaning that I have Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to get all the immigration process dealt with.

My children have the international school sponsored Non Ed visa each in of their passports. My wife has the Non B in her visa. I have the Non O with retirement extension.

I need to get the certificate of residence, though from what I understand from various posts, I don't actually need to do the TM18. When I follow the links for the correct form, I get an error.

I need to get the certificate of residence so my wife and I can get a driving license and as I need to buy a car. Is there a link to a PDF and a Word version anywhere, i don't seem to be able to track those down but have accumulated a large collection of TM18's and TM20's. Also, what supporting documents are required?

The family are only going to be in Hua Hin for 5 days and then they fly to the UK for 2 weeks. So i will do the TM8, application for re-entry permit for each of them. I am not able to find any information on the supporting documents that I require for this. I guess that I will need to prepare a copy of arrival stamp, copy of visa, copy of TM6, copy of passport...etc)

Also, I have to do the address registration of the family. Is that the TM30? I was sent of on a wild goose chance about this TM30 proxy form. A link to the correct form would be appreciated. I  am not able to find any information on the supporting documents that I require for this. I guess that I will need to prepare a copy of arrival stamp, copy of visa, copy of TM6, copy of passport...etc)

The 90 day reporting will not be applicable as they will only stay 5 days in the country. So when the time comes to do that, I shall let the school deal with it. As I am a frequent traveler, I will not have to do the 90 day reporting, but i do assume that I must report to immigration every time that I return to Thailand and do the TM30? Is that correct

My list is:

TM8 - Re-entry - and unknown supporting documents
TM30 - (Not sure if this is correct) - Address registration and unknown supporting documents

Certificate of residence - For driving license and buying a car, not sure what this form is or what the supporting documents are. Would prefer the word format as i have do do 4 of these? 

Is there anything else that I must do at the immigration? 

One form is here. Application For Certificate Of Residency

Here is a file that has some of the forms you need. Complete one and it does the others. Then print only the page or pages the form you want is on. BlankFillableFormsPackageTM7-Overstay-TM8-TM47-TM30 (1).pdf

For the re-entry permit application they will need copies of their passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and their TM6 departure card.

The TM30 form is what you need to report your presence where you are living. Your landlord should be the one doing it though. Hua Hin immigration will not want the power of attorney form to do it yourself.

I don't think Hua Hin immigration wants a TM30 report done every time you enter the county. You can ask them when you go there.

51 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

One form is here. Application For Certificate Of Residency

Here is a file that has some of the forms you need. Complete one and it does the others. Then print only the page or pages the form you want is on. BlankFillableFormsPackageTM7-Overstay-TM8-TM47-TM30 (1).pdf

For the re-entry permit application they will need copies of their passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and their TM6 departure card.

The TM30 form is what you need to report your presence where you are living. Your landlord should be the one doing it though. Hua Hin immigration will not want the power of attorney form to do it yourself.

I don't think Hua Hin immigration wants a TM30 report done every time you enter the county. You can ask them when you go there.

Thanks Super Joe