Mother arrested while riding with son, 4, to deliver drugs in Chon Buri

webfact

18 hours ago, CLW said:

Thailand is still in the stone ages regarding laws that make the father pay for the children.
It is beyond my understanding why there is no law yet.

And we had a female PM doing her shopping instead of enacting laws to protect children.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2018 at 7:34 PM, CLW said:

All the bashers towards the mom. It is not known if she is a drug consumer or just dealing to make some extra money.
Maybe the dad made a runner and let her alone with the child.
Rest of the family lazy like so often here.
So all up to her to make some money.

However there should be some rehab program to make it possible for the mother to stay together with her child.

Plenty work in Sattahip, no excuse fro drug dealing.

On 6/26/2018 at 12:05 AM, CLW said:

Well, good for you.
But with being alcohol at the first place and tobacco at number 6, I see no reason why these drugs are legal and their use is tolerated while others still illegal and users are stigmatised as junkies.

They are still legal because of the tax generated by all governments around the world. With the amount of research that has been done, specifically about tobacco, and the damage it does to both users, passive users and resources of various medical programs, what is the logical thought process that would allow governments to sell this sort of product across the counter?

Once the various countries around the world have come up with optimum ways to tax drugs, these will (eventually) become available as legit purchases for the same reasons as alcohol and tobacco are at the minute, tax resources for the various governments with nothing to do with the welfare and health of the populations of those countries. 

Making it legal will not stop addiction. Modifying the drug to decrease the risk of addiction will not be enough for some users, opening once again the doors of dealers for supply and demand for 'harder' drugs that step outside of what governments consider adequate for users. The cycle starts again, still having dealers/traffickers with the only difference that now government has a piece of the action.

For clarification, I am a smoker, not a drug user per se, and the above vision is only what I see happening in the near future. Long term effects of legalization need to be carefully considered IMO.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 5:24 AM, AlexRich said:

She'll go to jail for a long time ... because people exercise their free choice to take shabu; as opposed to smoking themselves to death or killing their liver with Chang and whisky.

A corrupt tragedy

• Like 1

On 6/28/2018 at 10:18 AM, chrisinth said:

They are still legal because of the tax generated by all governments around the world. With the amount of research that has been done, specifically about tobacco, and the damage it does to both users, passive users and resources of various medical programs, what is the logical thought process that would allow governments to sell this sort of product across the counter?

Once the various countries around the world have come up with optimum ways to tax drugs, these will (eventually) become available as legit purchases for the same reasons as alcohol and tobacco are at the minute, tax resources for the various governments with nothing to do with the welfare and health of the populations of those countries. 

Making it legal will not stop addiction. Modifying the drug to decrease the risk of addiction will not be enough for some users, opening once again the doors of dealers for supply and demand for 'harder' drugs that step outside of what governments consider adequate for users. The cycle starts again, still having dealers/traffickers with the only difference that now government has a piece of the action.

For clarification, I am a smoker, not a drug user per se, and the above vision is only what I see happening in the near future. Long term effects of legalization need to be carefully considered IMO.

You are  user of tobacco a dangerous addictive drug?

On 6/26/2018 at 6:05 PM, grkt said:
On 6/26/2018 at 11:43 AM, CLW said:

Thailand is still in the stone ages regarding laws that make the father pay for the children.
It is beyond my understanding why there is no law yet.

I find it really great and hope that it never changes ! Accidents happen and I won't pay for them if the idiot girl want to keep it.

grkt, I find your post pitiful.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, The manic said:

You are  user of tobacco a dangerous addictive drug?

Yes, that is correct. I know the risks, have done for the last 45 years.

A legal drug I may add, sold across the counter for the purpose of tax revenue. Not allowed to be sold by the various governments for the health and welfare of their citizens that's for sure............:thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 6/25/2018 at 7:34 AM, Henrik Andersen said:

quick money is not the way

Go and tell the 1000+ ladies along the beach road that they should go home and work 10 hours a day, 6 days a week at a factory or 7/11 because "quick money is not the way".

• Like 1

10 hours ago, smtsetup said:

Go and tell the 1000+ ladies along the beach road that they should go home and work 10 hours a day, 6 days a week at a factory or 7/11 because "quick money is not the way".

Can you really not comment on the tread or you just a useless uneducated man without a normal job? 

And sorry meny prostitute is just lazy to get a job and yes meny of them don't have a education so can't get a good job but to sell drugs or be prostitute is not a long term solution 

But that's my opinion because I live a normal life 

P. S.  There is not 1000+ ladies on beach