40k Baht

I was just reading some of the posts here, and it has caught my attention that some of the posts state that when visiting the immigration office in Thailand you must show with your income documentation a monthly income of at least 40k baht and tax receipts.

My question is, my income is from the US government for my retirement, (I am 44 and do not qualify for retirement visa) and do not pay taxes on it here in Thailand. am I okay with that and when I visit the immigrtion office in Jomtien, will they ask me to provide tax documentation on money from overseas?

I just returned from the US embassy in bkk for my income certification, so I have that now. Will be visiting immigration very soon, just don't want any suprises. I currently have a Non-O visa and just arrived here 5 days ago.

thanks for the help and for this forum.........

I was just reading some of the posts here, and it has caught my attention that some of the posts state that when visiting the immigration office in Thailand you must show with your income documentation a monthly income of at least 40k baht and tax receipts.

My question is, my income is from the US government for my retirement, (I am 44 and do not qualify for retirement visa) and do not pay taxes on it here in Thailand. am I okay with that and when I visit the immigrtion office in Jomtien, will they ask me to provide tax documentation on money from overseas?

I just returned from the US embassy in bkk for my income certification, so I have that now. Will be visiting immigration very soon, just don't want any suprises. I currently have a Non-O visa and just arrived here 5 days ago.

thanks for the help and for this forum.........

When you reach 50 years you can extend an O visa for retirement purposes. At that time you will need to have 800,000 baht in a bank in Thailand, or an income of 65,000 baht a month ( these amounts are as required now. There could be a different criteria in 5 or 6 years time ), or a combination of both. The present 40,000 baht per month income requirement only applies to extensions based on support of a Thai spouse.

The tax receipts is for income earned in Thailand. For your pension have the Embassy letter and pension statement to back it up. I would also bring copies of the last three months payment vouchers if they are available but do not believe there is any set evidence required - just as long as you have something to back up the Embassy paperwork if they ask.

I have assumed you are married to a Thai?

The tax receipts is for income earned in Thailand. For your pension have the Embassy letter and pension statement to back it up. I would also bring copies of the last three months payment vouchers if they are available but do not believe there is any set evidence required - just as long as you have something to back up the Embassy paperwork if they ask.

I have assumed you are married to a Thai?

Thanks lobburi, I have the letter from the embassy, even though they did not ask fr income proof. Just fill this out, pay the 30 USD and bring it back to me for certifiction. simple process. Yes I am married to a thai............

Income earned in Thailand: If this income is a pension paid from a Thai company, do one need tax receipts or not? Thanks

WCA

...I have the letter from the embassy, even though they did not ask fr income proof. Just fill this out, pay the 30 USD and bring it back to me for certifiction. simple process. ..

The Embassy did not ask for proof because they are not certify your income, they just notarized your signature on a statement you made saying what your income is.

TH

I am employeed as a manager in a private IT company at a Salary 40K. My company deduct the tax from my salary Bhat 1900 every month and pay me round about 38K. I haven't got any tax receipt from my office. After 5 months when I re-appear for another one year Non O visa extension. Do I have to show immigration the receipts of my tax which I do not have yet or I have to declare only that my tax is deducted from my salary directly and they would find their own. I mean as how would I exactly proof my salary tax is been paid regularly per month ?

Do the employee get any personal tax number of their own ? OR company is bond to pay the tax on behalf of employees working with them ? I have been informed that company is responsible to collect the tax each month from employee salary ? But in such a case how would I know the tax deducted by the company each month from my salary is being paid to tax department regularly ?

I also requested my company that I would like to deposit my tax on my own but they informed me, its not permitted and the responsibility is there to get the tax before paying !

I would like to learn more from legal advisor about the tax issues.

I am employeed as a manager in a private IT company at a Salary 40K. My company deduct the tax from my salary Bhat 1900 every month and pay me round about 38K. I haven't got any tax receipt from my office. After 5 months when I re-appear for another one year Non O visa extension. Do I have to show immigration the receipts of my tax which I do not have yet or I have to declare only that my tax is deducted from my salary directly and they would find their own. I mean as how would I exactly proof my salary tax is been paid regularly per month ?

Do the employee get any personal tax number of their own ? OR company is bond to pay the tax on behalf of employees working with them ? I have been informed that company is responsible to collect the tax each month from employee salary ? But in such a case how would I know the tax deducted by the company each month from my salary is being paid to tax department regularly ?

I also requested my company that I would like to deposit my tax on my own but they informed me, its not permitted and the responsibility is there to get the tax before paying !

I would like to learn more from legal advisor about the tax issues.

You'll need to take three months of PND #1 (monthly withholding tax) filed by the company. Some companies get a tad worried as you will see what the other employees get for a salary on this PND #1. Ask them to black out other employees names and info and just leave your details.

After March 30th, you will also need last years PND 90. ( Your year end personal income tax.)

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

You'll need to take three months of PND #1 (monthly withholding tax) filed by the company. Some companies get a tad worried as you will see what the other employees get for a salary on this PND #1. Ask them to black out other employees names and info and just leave your details.

After March 30th, you will also need last years PND 90. ( Your year end personal income tax.)

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

But I am not paying any other tax !! Does that mean that I have to pay any other tax too beside salary tax :o on my own ? OR you meant that previous statement record as well. My job started from December 2006 3 Months only let me know if I have to pay any other tax as well before its too late.

You should have a tax card with your own tax number. You can get one at the tax office.

If you recieved a salary in 2006 (for December), you should be getting a paper from your company showing your salary and how much tax they deducted. That should have been forwarded to the tax office and credited to your tax number.

Before the end of March you need to file form 90 or 91 with the tax office. They will give you a receipt that you use for immigration and or the labor office. They will also want a copy of the form.

If you only had one months salary, and had money deducted, you should get it refunded to you. The Thai tax year is the calendar year.

Your employer should also be deducting social security each month. It will run you 750 Baht a month. It will give you health services. Those fees can also be deducted from your gross salary next year to save you some taxes.

You should have a tax card with your own tax number. You can get one at the tax office.

If you recieved a salary in 2006 (for December), you should be getting a paper from your company showing your salary and how much tax they deducted. That should have been forwarded to the tax office and credited to your tax number.

Before the end of March you need to file form 90 or 91 with the tax office. They will give you a receipt that you use for immigration and or the labor office. They will also want a copy of the form.

If you only had one months salary, and had money deducted, you should get it refunded to you. The Thai tax year is the calendar year.

Your employer should also be deducting social security each month. It will run you 750 Baht a month. It will give you health services. Those fees can also be deducted from your gross salary next year to save you some taxes.

Very well, so kind of you and thank you so much sir :o !!