Drug suspect in hospital after gunfight with Bangkok police

webfact

Drug suspect in hospital after gunfight with Bangkok police

By The Nation

bh.jpg

FILE photo: Bhumibol Hospital

A drug suspect was severely injured in a gunfight with police in Bangkok’s Bang Khen district early on Friday.

Atthapol Phosuwan, 33, from Nakhon Sawan, was shot in his left cheek, right thigh and right calf and rushed to Bhumibol Hospital.

A team of motorcycle patrol policemen from Bang Khen police station spotted the suspect driving a motorcycle without a licence plate on Soi Phaholyothin 50 at 12.40am.

The police stopped him for a search but Atthapol ditched the motorcycle and ran, prompting two officers to run after him.

The policemen said Atthapol turned and fired at them five times and so they returned fire and hit the suspect.

Police found five grams of crystal methamphetamine on him and seized a Glock semi-automatic pistol with four remaining rounds of ammunition inside. Five spent shells were found at the scene, and seven rounds of ammunition were discovered in his trouser pocket.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30348898

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-06-29

Yet another smart drug runner.

get rid of the plates to attract more attention to yourself , then instead of running for your life shoot at police .

that worked out really well for him, with triple the original charges

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BestB said:

Yet another smart drug runner.

get rid of the plates to attract more attention to yourself , then instead of running for your life shoot at police .

that worked out really well for him, with triple the original charges

see many of those no-plates bikes after speed cameras got installed.
They are the smart lot, they think traffic police cannot find them if they would be bothered, especially when driving the same road every day, same time, going to and from school.

But this bright spark, on the street after midnight, I guess on a delivery, in possession of a relatively small amount of drugs, with a loaded pistol in the pocket, and then attract attention, that is a real speed-comedy star. 
Must have paid little attention in school before dropping out at or before 14. 

Edited by KKr
spellsjekker mistake

Beyond sukhumvit road about 5% of the bikes and cars I see in BKK have no plate, I'm pretty sure they are removed deliberately, I don't believe it's a red to white  plate issue or they just fall off, however if the police don't bother fining these people and they not drug running then I guess it makes sense on balance, you escape any issue of low levels infractions  - hitting another vehicle and them having your details, speeding, accused of theft etc. 

• Thanks 1