Hernia Operation

nyk

Hi Bill

I found gov hospital great. Hernia is very common operation so most hospitals will do. If someone can recommend a good surgeon great. My personal opinion try to get a VIP room if you have family and does give you privacy. I stayed outside the main wards with only a few non serious patients which was fine. Bit crowded in main ward. All the nurses asked if I wanted VIP room. All taken as I only had 1 day notice. I think cost would be ok.

My second day after  op now  have a little pain but not too bad, walk around the house and go to bathroom fine. 

Good luck getting it sorted out, I am happy not worrying every time I got a twitch that hernia was getting worse.

Nick 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was told by a surgeon in Udon Thani that he does not do laparoscopic umbilical hernia repair, only open surgery. 

Is this a common practice or just limited to this surgeon?

I understand most insurance will not cover this surgery, so I would be interested in a rough idea of the costs involved.

Thanks

Cheers

430xc

All general surgeons can do open repair. Only those with special training can do laparascopic. There will certainly be some in Udon Thani area but you'll have to seek them out.

I have never heard of an insurer not covering this provided, of course, it newly developed after the insurance began and did not already exist when you first hoy tje policy.

Laparoscopic repair costs significantly more than open repair. At a private hospital roughly 100-130k for open, 200-225 k for larascopic. at a govt hodpital 25-50 k open and you would probably have difficulty getting laparascopic.

These are just rough estimates and assume no complications at all.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app