Put your cards on the table, EU makes last Brexit call to Britain

rooster59

2 minutes ago, nontabury said:

I Apologise for posting this once again, but it is appropriate for yet another 

ridicules scare story. But then if you read through all the remainers posts, this is all they have. Pathetic. 

6FEBE825-3720-45F9-9402-61FEB0500889.jpeg

I did a google image search for supply chain monster. Couldn't find it. A pity. That's a real best that could actually devour the UK's manufacturing base.

3 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I gather you weren't old enough to vote in the referendum, from the tone and content of your posts in this forum. So I can understand why you might be even more frustrated as a Remainer.

Could you elaborate on this "But only in the UK" comment please? Do you think UK citizens are also migrating to eastern Europe for work and dragging down their average wage?

..and its voters like you who have ruined my future.... 

18 minutes ago, nontabury said:

May has admitted to her robots in the cabinet, that her Brexit plan Cannot be changed,as Germany’s Merkel has already cleared it, and will not contemplate any watering down of the plan to benefit the U.K.

This seems to be confirmation of Boris Johnson’s claim that the U.K is now a colony of the E.U. 

ECCB4044-F1A6-447A-A5B1-48E718B45130.jpeg

I don't believe it's all over just yet, there are too many variables that might happen, there is talk of a vote of no confidence in her and she has to get her white paper through Parliament and the EU. I would hate to think that the left wing cry babies don't get it all their own way. But all we can do is keep our fingers crossed and hope there is no sell out. If she tries to please everybody, she'll end up pleasing nobody. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

tebee, take note.

Labour’s Chris Bryant says there is no majority in the Commons for this plan.

Raab says MPs stood on manifestoes saying they would leave the EU. You cannot leave the EU and remain in the single market or the customs union, he says.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

tebee, take note.

9 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Labour’s Chris Bryant says there is no majority in the Commons for this plan.

Raab says MPs stood on manifestoes saying they would leave the EU. You cannot leave the EU and remain in the single market or the customs union, he says

But what about Switzerland or Turkey ? 

4 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

???

How have voters ruined your future ?

You are responsible for your future, no-one else.

Like how the Tories have damaged the NHS. If you die from lack of adequate care, it's your fault. And if Brexit damages the economy and limit'workers' prospects, that's their fault.

2 minutes ago, tebee said:

But what about Switzerland or Turkey ? 

Turkey is not part of the Single Market and has limited access to the Custom Union, as part of their pretend joining of the EU.

Switzerland has too many secret bank accounts to upset and must be kept sweet. Therefore they have access to the Single Market, but also accept that comes with a price of accepting free movement of people.

On 7/3/2018 at 1:57 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

I wonder if the palpable panic amongst Brexit supporters this week has anything to do with the U.K. government simply having nothing to put on the negotiating table?

Oops I was wrong - it was palpable panic!

Edited by Chomper Higgot

1 minute ago, The Renegade said:

Turkey is not part of the Single Market and has limited access to the Custom Union, as part of their pretend joining of the EU.

Switzerland has too many secret bank accounts to upset and must be kept sweet. Therefore they have access to the Single Market, but also accept that comes with a price of accepting free movement of people.

Yes but it's not just those 2, therefore the statement You cannot leave the EU and remain in the single market or the customs union is incorrect. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Renegade said:

By what twisted, out of this world logic is only allowing a certain section of voters to vote '' be more democratic '' ?

Regardless if it was a'' What if or otherwise ''

Spin it around and let '' Only tax payers vote '' following your strange logic, that would also be '' Democratic ''

No point discussing something that would never happen - my main drift is that the younger generation will suffer the consequences, whatever that turns out to be, and as such there will be a material financial cost to the UK which they will have to bear. That's why I am on the side of, and support the younger generation,  and whatever path they vote to choose - whether it's to canvas to stay in the EU or leave it and take their chances. 

As I am outside that age range, and despite still being a UK tax-payer, I'm not beating the drum for staying in or leaving even though I sense that Brexit will be the biggest folly the UK has ever undertaken. Which is backed up by the government's own disclosures of how Brexit would adversely affect the UK, both financially and materially (e.g. job losses when or if businesses relocate to the EU). Those disclosures can be found by the simple process of Googling.

I trust that gives a clearer picture of where I'm coming from.

7 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Do you not think that older voters have a duty to do the right thing for the country, including the young people? They have vast experience of life, work, business, politics etc.

All of which is a dim and distant memory. My mother thinks that we still have rationing.

5 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I'm sorry you feel this way. But you younger adults are constantly being fed a lot of negatives by the establishment, and as you get older, with wider exposure and more experience, you might form a different view. Especially when you see the UK prosper as an independent nation over the next decade and beyond.

I realise this sounds patronising, but I know how differently I looked at things when I was a teenager versus my late 20s onwards.

no it IS patronising and unfortunately like many uneducated elderly you fail to realise the biological and dementia changes that often lead older people to make more and more irrational and right wing decisions.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Bye bye Brexit - won't pretend it was good knowing you ....next the real antics begin Jezza's Maoist army's comin' to get ya............

the truth is regardless of what docs any British government decides to sign, a real dating Brexit is an impossibility - at best it is scrapped at worst the next generation will have to spend needless years rebuilding the relationship.

They are to hamstrung by 19th century shoofly concepts of nationalism that the mistake for patriotism or bizarre 19th century xenophobia theories of racism. Stupidity will always e there but hopefully in smaller amounts and related to the 21st century

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, kwilco said:

the truth is regardless of what docs any British government decides to sign, a real dating Brexit is an impossibility - at best it is scrapped at worst the next generation will have to spend needless years rebuilding the relationship.

They are to hamstrung by 19th century shoofly concepts of nationalism that the mistake for patriotism or bizarre 19th century xenophobia theories of racism. Stupidity will always e there but hopefully in smaller amounts and related to the 21st century

I don’t know why we keep replying to your stupid rants.

8A09C6D8-8115-4C5E-9000-B3997C6C4A30.jpeg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, The Renegade said:

I did not mention brexiteers.

But here is a great big graph that is very easy to understand.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/274829/age-distribution-of-active-social-media-users-worldwide-by-platform/

45 and above are the smallest users by far, of social media.

45 and above is by far the biggest age group that voted leave.

I didn't realise I was so young! Thanks!

Great that Brexiters are getting into stats. Wait till they look at the correlation with tertiary education

???????????????

• Like 1