Put your cards on the table, EU makes last Brexit call to Britain

rooster59

18 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

I suppose it would be too much to ask, to actually wait until a post Brexit trade deal is actually struck before getting hysterical over what might happen ??

Nah, some people can already tell the future or have great crystal balls ??

Brexiteer hides behind the ‘post-Brexit deal’ while hoping nobody has noticed the government can’t even deliver an acceptable ‘Brexit Deal Negotiating Position’.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Read the article - it explains the post Brexit process that would need to be followed. No ballshit.

???

Hilarious.

There are still some people convinced that the UK is not leaving the EU. 

The article is nothing more than a hypothesis, until such times as the UK actually leaves the EU, then goes on and actually strikes a trade deal.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Renegade said:

???

Hilarious.

The article is nothing more than a hypothesis, until such times as the UK actually leaves the EU, then goes on and actually strikes a trade deal.

Hillarious.

Quit banging on about ‘post-Brexit Deals’ 

Getting a ‘Brexit Deal’ is beyond the Government and Beyong Brexiteers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

???

Hilarious.

Kind of like the theory of gravitation. You won't know for sure that walking off that cliff will have fatal consequences unless and until you hit the bottom.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, vogie said:

Why do you always put the onus on the UK and not the EU, do you think the EU is capable of negotiating, they want to hurt us, simple as. Never once have I read from the remainers that the EU may be to blame here, or at least share some responsibility, and I guess I never will.

I think the EU are sad to see us in such a state. On the one hand, they want to be as supportive as they can but on the other they want to protect us from self harm either with a straight jacket or with a shot of Largactil!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I think the EU are sad to see us in such a state. On the one hand, they want to be as supportive as they can but on the other they want to protect us from self harm either with a straight jacket or with a shot of Largactil!

Welcome back grouse, did you write that with your fingers crossed and is you nose getting longer.???

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

This is the real reason the negotiations are going nowhere - the Tory party has no idea what it wants. There is no clear majority for any option.

yQFrCHr.jpg

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, vogie said:

Welcome back grouse, did you write that with your fingers crossed and is you nose getting longer.???

I'm actually back in the UK. I was merely voicing my opinion rather than telling untruths.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Blame for what? It was the UKs decision to leave. It’s certainly not the EU responsibility to manage that mess. 

You're correct, it was the UKs decision to leave, as for the EU, up to them.

1 minute ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Correct. If either side wants to change something about it, it is up to them to offer something compelling to the other side. Not the other way round. 

It has to be said we have offered something compelling, nobody can deny that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

It has to be compelling to the party you’re negotiating with, obviously. Whether you yourself find it compelling is pretty irrelevant. 

Is this compelling thing just one sided, I can't remember the EU offering the UK anything compelling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

A hypothetical scenario as the UK cannot revert to WTO tariffs unless it does a deal with the EU on the use of the EU schedule. There is not the time for the UK to write its own and get it approved before March.

You make it sound complicated, and I thought Brexit was going to be easy - or so Liam Fox says.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Why should they? 

You are of course correct, why should they ?

The other side of the coin is why are they desperate to keep the UK shackled to Brussels, the ECJ and keep handing over £ Billions for the privilege.

Must be a reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Renegade said:

The other side of the coin is why are they desperate to keep the UK shackled to Brussels, the ECJ and keep handing over £ Billions for the privilege.

Must be a reason.

If they were desperate, they'd be the ones yielding. Since when does adamant=desperate?

Just now, The Renegade said:

Must be a reason.

The two main reasons are: i) UK's money ii) the UK's unmatched security capability. I think the EU will cave in on the second as Theresa has already agreed to pay the EU billions for the ongoing future in return for some sort of trade deal for goods - not services that would breach the 4 freedoms and will be rejected by the EU..

I think that even the most ardent Brexiteers are now realising the whole thing is a mess and ain't going to end well for anyone. Also, at this moment in history we need the support of the EU, and they need ours for the inevitable fight with Trump and his trade war.

Come on guys, time to kiss and make up and call the whole thing off.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I think that even the most ardent Brexiteers are now realising the whole thing is a mess and ain't going to end well for anyone.

Most Brexiters have said from the start both sides,, the UK and the EU would suffer. It was ardent remainers who insisted that the UK would be destroyed but the EU would be fine.

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Also, at this moment in history we need the support of the EU, and they need ours for the inevitable fight with Trump and his trade war.

Deal with it ?? You made a great start by sending Juncker to the US for talks on Wednesday.

He is now going to feel what Cameron felt in Feb 2016 x 50. ??

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Come on guys, time to kiss and make up and call the whole thing off.

???

Just now, The Renegade said:

Most Brexiters have said from the start both sides,, the UK and the EU would suffer. It was ardent remainers who insisted that the UK would be destroyed but the EU would be fine.

Deal with it ?? You made a great start by sending Juncker to the US for talks on Wednesday.

He is now going to feel what Cameron felt in Feb 2016 x 50. ??

???

Noses and faces spring to mind.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Please decide. You can’t say the EU is desperate to have a deal while at the same time complaining the EU doesn’t want to negotiate. 

I never said the EU were desperate to do a deal. I said the EU were desperate to keep the UK in the EU.

Hence all the noise about SM & CU and the ECJ and anything is unacceptable to the EU.

There is no deal to be had, as far as the EU is concerned. Only capitulation to Brussels and the ECJ is acceptable.

Another one that is inflicted with the virus that affects so many remainers.

English comprehension disease.

EU’s Brexit negotiator raises concerns over smuggling, red tape and competition

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/20/france-minister-nathalie-loiseau-brexit-concessions-theresa-may-commons

Was it this kind of smuggling that he was talking about ??

Two men have been charged with drug importation offences after a yacht carrying what police described as a significant cargo of cocaine was intercepted in the harbour of one of Cornwall’s most popular seaside towns.

The Dutch nationals were arrested after Border Force officers raided the yacht they were sailing as it entered the fishing port of Newlyn.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jul/21/dutch-men-due-in-court-over-cocaine-seized-from-boat-in-english-channel

???

Foot in mouth disease strikes again