Pestizide Free Food? Anywhere?

moonseeker

I used to buy organic grown fruits and veggies in season, from a ?? friend who had his own little farm. Unfortunately he has moved upcountry and this option is gone. He was fed up with the pollution and traffic. The Royal Shop in Central supposedly to close down soon? Any other options for a bit healthier veggies and fruits? Thx. MS>

• Like 1

8 hours ago, moonseeker said:

The Royal Shop in Central supposedly to close down soon? Any other options for a bit healthier veggies and fruits? Thx. MS>

From what I've seen, read and researched in the past, the Royal Project foods are not necessarily grown pesticide free. They may be better handled and different or less/better chemicals used, but from what I recall, even their website doesn't claim no pesticides used.

• Like 1

You can never be sure about veggies grown in Tbailand. I often buy frozen veggies and berries imported from Australia and NZ , not too expensive.

• Like 2

That big Italian restaurant on Beach Road has an organic farm and supplies stuff. There used to be an Organic shop on Tha Praya near the Caribbean Condo but it's closed...does anyone know if it's opened elsewhere.  The supermarket at the Avenue might sell some organic produce.

• Thanks 1

Just now, PerkinsCuthbert said:

I wouldn't worry about pesticides in Pattaya; the mere fact of being domiciled in the Kingdom's Favourite Seaside Resort is guaranteed to shorten your life far more than any chemicals on plants will.

You are wrong snd just spouting predudiced nonesense. Surprised how many old folks there are here. The Issan Country side is the heart of chemical toxins and CM a centre for smog and pollution.  Have you ever been to Pattaya? Ever lived in Pratumnak? I don't think so and you never will. 

3 minutes ago, The manic said:

You are wrong snd just spouting predudiced nonesense. Surprised how many old folks there are here. The Issan Country side is the heart of chemical toxins and CM a centre for smog and pollution.  Have you ever been to Pattaya? Ever lived in Pratumnak? I don't think so and you never will. 

Oh, develop a sense of humour, Sunbeam. And yes, I have lived here thirty years.

• Like 2

If you are worried about pesticides on fruit and vegetables you should wash them carefully. There are various substances you can use. Just Google it. Personally I use a weak solution of potassium permanganate which I purchased in 7-11.

• Like 1

Just now, hargri said:

If you are worried about pesticides on fruit and vegetables you should wash them carefully. There are various substances you can use. Just Google it. Personally I use a weak solution of potassium permanganate which I purchased in 7-11.

Yes indeed but the toxins that get into the food  ie 'systemic' pesticides can not be washed off.

• Like 1