Areas of pattaya accessible by Baht bus

jerry921

I'm trying to do research from afar on likely areas and condo projects before I get to the point of boots-on-the-ground looking, to focus things if I can.

I'd like to be able to get around by walking and riding baht buses rather than driving or being somewhere that required a taxi every time you wanted to go out. There are some nice condos in the Na Kluea / Regent Park Village area, but the baht bus route I have just shows a route along Pattaya-Na Kluea road. Do people who live in those condos all drive?

I don't mind being somewhere that's a longish public transportation ride from anywhere, as long as I don't have to walk too far to get to the route.

The only map I have of the baht bus routes is from google maps. Are there additional routes or some other more accurate map somewhere? The google maps comment says to see pattaya-pages.com, but that's dead.

Thanks,  I had googled exactly that, and I'd seen that map and some other similar ones, but was hoping there were little one-bus feeder routes not shown on the maps of the main routes.

Looks like a 20 minute walk from Wong Amat Tower to the baht bus route. A bit of a sweat for me in the afternoon sun with a few bags of groceries. Too bad there's not a separate single-bus route that runs just up and down Na Kluae 16 Alley for a few baht.

1 hour ago, jerry921 said:

Thanks. Oh well. No, not a bike.  I'll limit myself to condos along the route. That probably means Jomtien for me.

I spent a few years doing as you intend. Keep to the main North-South  Jomtien-Theppraya-2nd Rd route. All the east-west routes are very irregular.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jerry921 said:

Thanks,  I had googled exactly that, and I'd seen that map and some other similar ones, but was hoping there were little one-bus feeder routes not shown on the maps of the main routes.

Looks like a 20 minute walk from Wong Amat Tower to the baht bus route. A bit of a sweat for me in the afternoon sun with a few bags of groceries. Too bad there's not a separate single-bus route that runs just up and down Na Kluae 16 Alley for a few baht.

The baht buses should cover a lot more areas than they do; Pattaya has grown tremendously but the bus routes haven't.  The road you mentioned, Naklua Soi 16, is a good example.  In addition to at least a dozen large condos and hotels already there or nearby, the past few years have brought new hotels and condos to that soi or nearby sois, including Zire, Northpoint, Baan Plai Haad, Serenity, Riviera Wongamat, Ananya, The Palm, Laguna, Golden Tulip Hotel, and your Wong Amat Tower.  

It would certainly be great to have a baht bus running down to the end of Soi 16 and then back to Naklua Road.  My partner and I live at the end of Soi 16 and you do need your own transportation.  Other under-served areas that have seen a lot of development are Cosy Beach and Pratamnack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are frequent baht buses running on Sukhumwit to and from Sattahip, to at least Tesco Lotus, and to and from Naklua northwards on Sukhumvit. The former serve Bang Sarah, Ban Amphur, Na Jomtien( Marina, Ambassador, Floating Market, etc.). There are also regular services on Theprasit both ways.

• Thanks 1

the map shows redline from Dolphin to Sukhumvit rd, it would be very useful to go to Tesco-bus terminal- Makro, but I have seen only bahtbus that travel from Naklua rd>>Dolphin>>U-turn in front Bangkok bank>>Dolphin>>beach rd

More info in Russian  http://piki-trip.ru/novye-marshruty-tuk-tukov-songteo-v-pattaje-vazhno-ceny-foto-karta/  but do not wait logic from bahtbus drivers

Edited by mauroest
add link

Which, Jomtien or the no bike? I'm afraid to drive anything in Thailand. Maybe after a couple years of getting used to all my instincts being backwards, if I don't get killed crossing the streets in the mean time, I'll consider driving.

8 hours ago, jerry921 said:

I lived there. sometimes I walked sometimes got a motosai

Just now, jerry921 said:

Which, Jomtien or the no bike? I'm afraid to drive anything in Thailand. Maybe after a couple years of getting used to all my instincts being backwards, if I don't get killed crossing the streets in the mean time, I'll consider driving.

Driving is fine in Thailand compared to countries like Thailand. Walking is a great way too get around. Some people are too timid and frail to live in Thailand and do not belong here.

• Thanks 1

Sometimes the baht bus stops and makes me get out before I get to the destination. I get out and pay and then catch another one going further on the same route. How can I tell where a baht bus is going to stop before I get on? Thanks for any tips or information. One baht bus on soi Buakhao parked in a dirt parking lot. 

Sometimes the baht bus stops and makes me get out before I get to the destination. I get out and pay and then catch another one going further on the same route. How can I tell where a baht bus is going to stop before I get on? Thanks for any tips or information. One baht bus on soi Buakhao parked in a dirt parking lot. 

On market days southbound Buakow buses will generally end in that parking lot a bit north of Pattaya Tai. Otherwise over 90 percent of the buses will turn right towards 2nd road. Don't talk to the drivers. Just go with the flow.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

you can order a foldable electric bicycle 500 W 48 V from china

on alibaba from around 38.000 baht that does not require a license

and can handle pratamnak and surroundings.

provided you dont have back problems, i am also of the

theory that only superman has the kind of steel @ss necessary

to put up with a bicycle