Biggest international rescue operation ever assembled in Thailand

webfact

6 hours ago, Parsve said:

With all respect to your knowledge, but I have 30 years experience as an instructor in scuba diving, nitrox diving, and oxygen diving, as well as I am a certificated hard hat diver, and as I am still alive I am rather confessed in what I am saying. If you want to read more about nitrox diving for sports divers you can go to https://www.scubadiving.com/nitrox-scuba-diving-guide-certification#page-5. Oxygen diving with closed systems is mostly used by the navy as it does not give any bubbles that could display the diver. However it is also used by some photo- and video-divers as the bubbles could scare what they are photographing. To not be misunderstood, I am perfectly sure that those divers in the rescue team choose the method that they believe give the best chance to reach the guys, and by that this discussion is closed from my side.

mate, I started diving in 1970 and stopped in 2005 after a work injury,  only scuba but dived most of the caves/freshwater holes in S.A to 200' and did a lot or wreck diving etc,was all recreational apart from my times with an army unit in W.A.  Never used a mix but did everything possible with  straight scuba,  agree about the rescue divers, would have been hairy work with no visibility, blackout night dives in the forces were bad enough but at least we had lights in the cave dives, they have done well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:

You asked for any links. That was the only one I recall seeing. The article did say "another car", so at least 2.

who care if 1 or 2 cars were robbed ....stop bickering the kids were rescued! stay on topic