DPM Wissanu remains tight-lipped on relaxing political restrictions

webfact

DPM Wissanu remains tight-lipped on relaxing political restrictions

PNPOL610701001000301.jpg

BANGKOK, 2 July 2018 (NNT) – The deputy prime minister in charge of legal affairs, Wissanu Krea-ngam, has declined to comment on when the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) will retract its order to outlaw political activities. 

In reply to calls from political parties for the NCPO to relax its political restrictions, Wissanu declined to comment when it should be but said he expects that it will be between September and December this year, so that parties are allowed to undertake administrative tasks and other activities in preparation for next year’s election. 

The current ban on political activities bars five people or more from gathering in public. 

The deputy premier went on to say that the election will take place 150 days after the enforcement of the election of MPs law and the selection of Senators law, while the official results of the national polls will be announced 60 days after the election is held. 

Regarding the primary elections, he said several proposals and suggestions have been made and will be discussed by the National Legislative Assembly and the Constitution Drafting Commission.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-07-02

13 minutes ago, webfact said:

the official results of the national polls will be announced 60 days after the election is held

More back peddling, didn't he just say a few days ago this bombshell was going to be put forward for consideration?

Is he judge and jury now?

I can remember a song called "Jobsworth" by Jeremy Taylor, a South African folk singer.

The chorus went like this.

CHORUS:
Jobsworth, josbsworth; it’s more than my job’s worth.
I don’t care, rain or snow, whatever you want – the answer’s no!
I can keep you standing, for hours  years in the queue,
And if you don’t like, you know what you can do! (You can lump it!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

More back peddling, didn't he just say a few days ago this bombshell was going to be put forward for consideration?

Is he judge and jury now?
He might be, it is not like there are any checks and balances. The 60 days have been mentioned months ago. They need time to amend the results to suit them. I wonder if there is anyone left who thinks the elections will be free and fair.....

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

the election will take place 150 days after the enforcement of the election of MPs law and the selection of Senators law

Aside for how primaries fit into this timetable (which the Democrats and PTP say they don't), where does the coronation ceremony fit in?

Coronation to take place before poll: PM Prayut

PRIME MINISTER General Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday linked the coronation with the date for the next election, saying the junta needed to prepare for the important royal ceremony before calling the long-awaited poll. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30348134

Too many uncertainties with a military leader showing himself loyal to his own absolute power. A road towards democracy this is not.

• Like 1