Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Marriage extension checklist

Im doing my 3rd marriage extension soon and want to check a few things.

I have an income affidavit letter from my embassy to confirm I have an income of more than 40k baht per month, does this need to be translated to Thai?

We know have a child so I need their birth certificate right? Does the child need to go with us too?

I have changed location from Samut Prakan to Bangkok so I guess Im going to Chang Wattana this year (already registered there) will anything change because of this?

My current visa expires in about 2 weeks, can I go to to this just a few days before then or does it have to be sooner?

I need an updated Kor ror 2 from where we registered our marriage right?

anything else from this list or that I should be aware of?

Thai Marriage Visa Requirements:

1. Application Form (T.M. 7)
2. A copy of your passport
3. Financial proof such as:
3.1 Tax Certificate Por.Ngor.Dor.1, Por.Ngor.Dor.91
3.2 The applicant’s 2×2 inches photo.
3.3 Income affidavit from the embassy if using 40,000 THB proof of monthly income
3.4 Bank Statement together with a certified letter from the bank if using 400,000 THB money as a financial proof.
4. Copy of Marriage Certificate.
5. Affirmation of freedom to marry
6. Copy of House Registration. (Thai National Spouse)
7. Copy of I.D. (Thai National Spouse)
8. Copy of Birth Certificate (If there is any children)
9. Proof of address
10. Signed map of address
11. photos of the house with the applicant and wife in all rooms of the house and some photos takes outside the front door showing the house/flat number

thanks

If the income affidavit is in English it does not have to be translated.

No need for your child to be with you and your wife.

You can apply for the extension up to 45 day early up to the last day of your current one. There is no minimum number of days to do it.

The updated Kor Ror 2 can be obtained at any Amphoe for a fee of 20 baht.

Number 5 on your list will not be needed.

All copies related to you must be signed by you and the ones for your wife by her.

I have sometimes been asked for:

Copies of my childrens' passports [biodata page] (if they have), and their entries in their mother's house registration blue book;

Copy of my apartment lease agreement and ID card copy (owner) and his house registration book [owner flatly refused to provide 2nd one]

Copy of receipt for staying in Thailand longer than 90 days.

In Nong Khai we have been asked for a bank statement of monies spent in Thailand from pension income abroad for the last 6 months signed on the day you ask for your new visa marriage extension. They do not seem to know what they are doing after their most experienced officer retired last October.We supplied them with these details but when I stated that the  marriage extension allows  a person to work and therefore they might not bring in any money from their pension abroad I was met with blank stares and finally  a statement that as long as you have been spending money through your bank account it doesn't matter! Which obviously partly negates the reason for seeing it in the first place!

Chiang Mai Immigration have some local rules to follow for those going there.

1. Map to house has to be on their form, not plain paper.

2. They have two forms you need to sign concerning the pain of death you will suffer if you break any rules.

3. They use a different marriage extension form to other offices, you need to get it from them. Even different to the one they used last year!