marijuana legalization When will it happen in the Kingdom?

watcharacters

1 hour ago, Colabamumbai said:

The first step to decriminalization has been passed just recently, some give it three years but it could be sooner.

Consider it an election promise coming up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Colabamumbai said:

The first step to decriminalization has been passed just recently, some give it three years but it could be sooner.

3 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Consider it an election promise coming up. 

And it was only for medical use, not for the average Somchai. Guess there will be a lot of "sick" people visiting doctors. :biggrin:

Marijuana legalization When will it happen in the Kingdom?

Answer:  6 months before tourism skyrockets right off the charts.  And that won't be a coincidence.

They'll be able to jack up tourism prices across the board- and they'll still come in droves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This story reminds me of that poor Dutch guy who got stitched up in Thailand. Got 103 years jail time for 'legally' selling marajuana in Holland in his chain of cafes. The Thai authorities and judge basically said that he was spending illicit money made from drugs and therefore had no option but to jail him and take all his assets. He had broken no laws in Holland and no laws in Thailand but still ended up with 103 years sentence. If you think you are having a bad day... think again!!! If you don't know the story, link below:

https://www.vice.com/sv/article/avyay5/johan-van-laarhoven-interview-876

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's some food for thought: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-02/obradors-win-mexico-opportunity-trump-end-drug-war

For this to be relevant, one has to assume that the US's war on drugs and the pressure that the US puts on other countries to cooperate with it, makes a difference to Thailand. That's certainly debatable, feel free to disagree with me, but I think if the US threw in the towel on the war on drugs entirely, or at least with respect to marijuana, it would make it at least a little bit easier for other countries to legalize recreational pot.

• Like 1

First we need to expect a virus that kills all the idiots old politicians of this world, then it will be legalized.

Otherwise with more idiots that vote for these old retarded who know nothing, it's not going to happen soon.

Love Justin ❤️

Edited by gaff

People don’t need marijuana
Not better or worse than alcohol
I hope it won’t be legalized, but I am probably part of the minority..
Make the world a better place not a worse ..

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

People don’t need marijuana
Not better or worse than alcohol
I hope it won’t be legalized, but I am probably part of the minority..
Make the world a better place not a worse ..

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

23 hours ago, jerry921 said:

Here's some food for thought: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-02/obradors-win-mexico-opportunity-trump-end-drug-war

For this to be relevant, one has to assume that the US's war on drugs and the pressure that the US puts on other countries to cooperate with it, makes a difference to Thailand. That's certainly debatable, feel free to disagree with me, but I think if the US threw in the towel on the war on drugs entirely, or at least with respect to marijuana, it would make it at least a little bit easier for other countries to legalize recreational pot.

I'd agree that if the US ever legalized marijuana nationwide, that would change the whole ballgame.  Yes it's great that Canada legalized, but Canada is not America.  It's ridiculous that pot is still classified as a Schedule 1 controlled substance in the US...alongside heroin, LSD, etc.  That level of stupidity needs to change. 

• Like 2

Guest Jerry787

I do hope Thai Government will move forward to initially legalize the use for medical purpose and then for recreational purpose, as everybody knows and very well proven alcohol is far more body damaging and dangerous then cannabis, as well for the effect of a joint we can not punish a plant that has been used by humanity for thousands of years, for almost everything, as fertilizer, medicine, fiber products inclusive of hard produce such natural fiberglass, fabric, sacs, eco diesel, food (excellent superfood without side effect if used raw or the sativa with very low level of THC.

a plant that served humans well even long before the born of Jesus if he ever born, punished by dupont and few oil speculators, its time to end the bigot and ottuse mentality on cannabis, hail to Canada and several US state  , Switzerland, Holland and many other country where is legal or anyway well accepted.

Thailand, or any other country wish to change her financial status ?  do as Colorado where cannabis is not only legal, but support large production for supply industrial, medical and also recreational use and for a negative state coffer to a a well and positive financial performance.

On 7/3/2018 at 12:39 PM, bbbbooboo said:

hmmm .... if a tree falls in the woods and there is no one there to hear it falling.... does it make a noise?

If the 'green stuff' were legal, I probably could anwere your question. But.....

Edited by Vacuum