Ending US marriage for a Thai Girl

SmilingLad

The situation:

Thai girl had a marriage in USA 9 years ago. It was US citizen who took her to america to make a family.

Once in USA she found out the husband need to left her for many days for working.

She was pregnant and went back to Thailand to have her baby; more easy for her because the family thing, and she didn't want to stay alone with a baby in America.

The dad went to see her and the baby in thailand before the baby was 5 months old. He stayed 2 weeks and flew back to USA. He took care of them during 1 or 2 years and just disapeared. He moved from the old location, never called back or answered the message.

Times to times he send mail or phone call. She asked him to finish this marriage. He said no and disapeared again. He told her he would never end the marriage so she wouldn't be able to find another man or walk away from him! But he don't want to take care his wife and kid. Not see them for 8 years now!

What choices she have now? The marriage is not registered in Thailand and she have a certificate of marriage with her. She want a divorce but really don't know how to do. and what about the child?

She's not a bargirl, just a decent girl.

TIA.

• Like 1

He told her he would never end the marriage so she wouldn't be able to find another man or walk away from him! But he don't want to take care his wife and kid.

imo this defines him as a 1st class <deleted>,

he is forcing her hands, so, demand through lawyer child support,

including retroactive since the day the child was born.

i wouldnt give up on this, pursue the target.

i think she made a mistake not having the child be born in USA

Edited by poanoi

Yes, he is acting badly. But like i wrote, she doesn't have a clue about his actual location. The phone is turn off and she left a tons of message. Now she's only thinking about the divorce. She wants a child support, but if she can't get in touch with him, the divorce with no child support will be enough.

She can't afford a US lawyer while she's staying in Thailand. She's a farmer working with her family. The husband knowing that, he's playing this card.

I think he's using the marriage to get some advantage (i don't know what kind). And when he will be tired, he'll try to come back with her!

He's just saving her for his late day! But not supporting his own family!!???

That's too much!

Firstly she has to register her marriage in Thailand, assuming that she has her marriage documents, then she can divorce for abandonment through the Thai courts. Take a while and Have some legal costs but it can be done.

HL

She still has all her documents; certificate of marriage and copy of the husband's old passport.

I just hope she can register the marriage alone, without the husband. After i presume she'll have to register the divorce at the US Embassy.

Do you have an idea about the time for all?

Thanks.

9 hours ago, SmilingLad said:

She still has all her documents; certificate of marriage and copy of the husband's old passport.

I just hope she can register the marriage alone, without the husband. After i presume she'll have to register the divorce at the US Embassy.

Do you have an idea about the time for all?

Thanks.

Get her to ring my wife and she will advise her. I sent a pm.

HL