Fiancee Visa

Hi all

Not a happy day for us, my fiancée picked up her passport today no visa, there was no letter stating why it had been denied just a letter saying that we have to contact the home office in the UK for some form, not sure what yet have to wait for my partner to fax me the letter. I will post details when I get it, as I am in need of help on this.

I am currently in the process of emailing the FCO in Bangkok, asking for the reasons for denial.

I am confused, I contacted the home office and without a letter of refusal, I cannot appeal according to the person I spoke too.

According to them, an appeal can take 9-12 months, so a new application is in my opinion the only way forward.

We supplied so much information, I do not understand why; it is going to be a long weekend assuming the FCO replies to me on Monday.

Help please what to do next.

Rob :o

Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear of the outcome . As you know we have all been following you on this application. However are you sure its actually been refused? Possibly there is something you need to get from the Home Office and that when you have it , they will look at it again.? I mean if there is no letter of refusal then its not refused is it , but maybe put on hold. Also it seems so unlikely they would refuse without interview that i am inclined to believe that its in limbo unless you know otherwise.

Maybe you'll know more on Monday although the ECO/ECM's are not known for their quick co-operation when it comes to e-mailing , so i would call them early afternoon Bangkok time if you have no reply to your e-mail by then.

sorry to hear your news rob,just recently had this experience myself so i can feel for you both,one question though where did your partner have her passport returned from the embassy or visa centre and did she recieve a phone call?hope you get some sort of answer soon will wait for the outcome.

Yet another refusual maybe there making more room back in blighty for the e/europeans who come with nothing and want everything-just speaking aloud SORRY

sorry to hear your news rob,just recently had this experience myself so i can feel for you both,one question though where did your partner have her passport returned from the embassy or visa centre and did she recieve a phone call?hope you get some sort of answer soon will wait for the outcome.

Yet another refusual maybe there making more room back in blighty for the e/europeans who come with nothing and want everything-just speaking aloud SORRY

She telephoned yesterday after I done a track of the application, she then went back to regent house to pick up her passport and paperwork.

The letter I am not sure of right now but she did text me although it is not clear,

To contact Whitgift Centre Wellesley road Corydon this will enable you to remain for a further limited period or indefinitely

Public enquiry office immigration and natio you should ring the public enquiry office for advice before visit subject to there approval the home office will then place a stamp in your passport.

You may apply either in person or by post, if you decide to call in person please note that not all applications can be dealt with on the same day a but an immigration officer will still check your passport during this period you are expected to marry your fiancée. After marriage, you must apply to the home office to regularise your stay. You must apply using a form that you can get from the application forms unite at the home office,

Marriage/CP visa you will note that grant of a visa gives leave to enter the UK. Such leave will no longer be granted on arrival in the UK.

This maybe in the wrong order some how but this is roughly the letter she got, I do not understand it, however tomorrow she will fax me and I can state more clearly what was said.

Rob

That letter seems to be explaining what to do once the marriage has taken place in order to obtain FLR.

Why would they tell you this if they had refused the fiance visa?

Are you sure that there is no visa in her passport?

If refused then there would be a letter explaining in detail why she has been refused and another letter explaining how to appeal. Neither of these letters would mention Croyden.

Edited by GU22

That letter seems to be explaining what to do once the marriage has taken place in order to obtain FLR.

Why would they tell you this if they had refused the fiance visa?

Are you sure that there is no visa in her passport?

If refused then there would be a letter explaining in detail why she has been refused and another letter explaining how to appeal. Neither of these letters would mention Croyden.

I too think that she may have it and does not realise, possible she has not looked properly, I don't know, all I do know is that i am 7000 miles away feeling usless. She te;lls me that this was the only letter no letter of refusal.

I have already emailed the FCO hopefully thay will have the answers that I need.

Currently I do not know what to think or feel.

Rob

Rob,

I agree with most of the comments here - tell her to check all the pages of her passport. This letter sounds very similar to one in my wife's passport.

I cannot believe they would give her this letter after refusing the visa.

Rob,

I agree with most of the comments here - tell her to check all the pages of her passport. This letter sounds very similar to one in my wife's passport.

I cannot believe they would give her this letter after refusing the visa.

I am trying to contact her but she is not answering, I spoke to her at 18:30 Thai time and she said no visa, can thay actually forget to stamp the visa. Or maybe she has totally missed it.