Home Delivery Water...

whopper

Any input regarding the Home delivery drinking water business in Chiang mai. I have been concerned about its quality. Filtration process, government oversight, water sources,good and bad water companies etc.

I have "Wang Nam Khang" watered delivered to my house. I've visited the bottling plant (because I know the lady who owns it), and it's very clean I think it tastes better too..

I have "Wang Nam Khang" watered delivered to my house. I've visited the bottling plant (because I know the lady who owns it), and it's very clean I think it tastes better too..

That's the same brand I drink also. I also think it tastes better then the others I've tried.

Out of curiosity - how much do you guys pay for home delivery? Around here we pay 15 baht for a 20 l container and 25 baht for a frame with 24 x 1 liter bottles.

15 baht is pretty standard all over......

I knew the wife wouldn't allow herself to be overcharged with one single baht...

I order 3 type of water ,

The 20L one i used for cooking in my family

and then i order the plastic bottle one which i use for food sometime cooking sometime just to cooler

i also orer the glass bottle one .

i am ordering from "Glacier "

SO far no problem .

but there is ONce my water smell really good . and taste funny .

seem like some kinda chemcial is added to change the water taste

, i am the type of person who can tell the difefrent betweeen how water taste

some taste better then other .

and the different brand of mineral water all taste different also .

try not to drink too much mineral water is bad for your health really .

Carful with "ICE " some place mix their ICe together with the MEAT and Un cook food on the same ice box ..

so when you ask for ask it taken really from the same ice box unit .

so i am carful about this ..

some place have Ice box that had NEVER been wash for ages .. cos their idea is . the ICe box is use for water .. and since the ice is suppose to be clean .. there is no need to wash the ice box as long as he keep filling it up ..

so is kinda dangerous for some .

good luck

Every single place I have tried up and down the country has been inconsistent, from unwashed bottles with green grime in to diesel in a five-baht jobbie in a Jomtien 7/11. Okay for cooking with but perhaps safer spending a bit more on brand name stuff (maybe slightly more consistent with some sort of quality control), or, better still, installing and maintaining a decent filtration system :D

I'm not one to harp on about 'back home', but drinking cool, quality water from a tap without worrying about whether your todger's going to drop off is a luxury I do miss. :o

We get the 20L NewOne water. I had my sweetheart call them and believe that the treatment process is with charcoal filtration and UV's... and is 'State Certified' or meets some sort of government standards.... Always taste fine and no problems... Neighbors who use same service claimed they once got a bottle that had a bunch of 'mud' in the bottome of it so switched companies...

I guess no one has ever had theirs tested... (and I don't know where one would go to get that done)

Many years ago, the bkk post did an inspection of a number of water companies in bkk. So, what they did with the news was report that they found 70% of the water to not meet local health standards. Who? we never got that part... I think that the report came after a similar report in which a few milk companies were using powdered milk, yet they were calling it fresh. Learned all the details except who.....

• 2 weeks later...

We were drinking the "Country Dew" water in 20l bottles. Last year we had a bottle with really bad smelling water and last week we had 2 bottles with a very hard clorine smell. We changed brand and using "Dew Drop" now. The first bottle had a fusty smell.

Do they use clorine to treat the drinking water in Thailand? My confidence in Thai drinking water is completely gone.

We were drinking the "Country Dew" water in 20l bottles. Last year we had a bottle with really bad smelling water and last week we had 2 bottles with a very hard clorine smell. We changed brand and using "Dew Drop" now. The first bottle had a fusty smell.

Do they use clorine to treat the drinking water in Thailand? My confidence in Thai drinking water is completely gone.

Yep, chlorine is used in the 'natural' water supplied to homes. The concession is owned and operated by Barnharn Silparcha

Yep, chlorine is used in the 'natural' water supplied to homes. The concession is owned and operated by Barnharn Silparcha

Yeah, it's kind of confusing. "Wang Nam Kang" brand which I use, I think means "Dew Drop Palace" and comes from Mae Wang, and is different (and better) than both of the brands you mention.

You drink WATER? What are you? Some kind of pervert?..........

and you speak of TASTE? Get back into your tree!

OK as Long as you dilute it :D

(Rachaburi 20 Lts = 20 Bt)

Regards

:D

They ultraviolate it man :D

Long as it's not genitally modified.

What! they wash them in it. ooops sorry i thought it meant genitals. :D

marshbags :o

I've never had any problem with any of that water - they all taste gross if they are not chilled!

Quite true, most of the water have a strange taste if they are not chilled. Now i'm using the water from 1litre/1baht water dispensing machine, and they do not have a strange taste, whether chilled or not. Any care to comment?