Home Delivery Water...

whopper

We use Dew Drop as well. I haven't had any problems so far, and noticed no weird smells... knock on wood etc.

Same here. I've been using Dew Drop for the past eight years. Never any problems. Their water seems slightly pricier than some of the other companies but for the amount that I use, the difference doesn't amount to all that much extra spent per month.

• 7 months later...

"Coming back to this thread, can anyone tell me about the practicalities of starting delivery of bottled water, with a provider like Wang Nam Kang or Dew Drop? Where do you find them, and what do you have to do to start delivery?"

Figure out which neighbor has service and go get the # off the bottle n call, or even better have the neighbor do the talking for you and get everything worked out for you to have delivery the same day.

In my old neighborhood in Hang DOng we had about 3 companies servicing the mooban. Now that i live in Nong Hoy there's only one and it's 17 b/ bottle!! Highway robbery them extra 2 baht, but there's not much demand in the areas, so no competition, and I have to grin n bear it. BTW, as per my advice, I had my neighbor get me added to the list. Now, even when I'm not home to receive the bottles, or not there to pay for the replacements for the empties I put outside, the neighbor, and mooban watchdog Pi Nai goes ahead and pays for my two bottles and I just make sure to get her her 34 b by the next day. Such an easy system. Less wasteful than little bottles, and tons cheaper than the service I had back in the US.

Figure out which neighbor has service and go get the # off the bottle n call, or even better have the neighbor do the talking for you and get everything worked out for you to have delivery the same day.

That's a good idea. Another way is if you live in a moo bahn, there is probably a mom & pop shop or mini-mart there and they would also know.

"Coming back to this thread, can anyone tell me about the practicalities of starting delivery of bottled water, with a provider like Wang Nam Kang or Dew Drop? Where do you find them, and what do you have to do to start delivery?"

In my old neighborhood in Hang DOng we had about 3 companies servicing the mooban. Now that i live in Nong Hoy there's only one and it's 17 b/ bottle!! Highway robbery them extra 2 baht, but there's not much demand in the areas, so no competition, and I have to grin n bear it. BTW, as per my advice, I had my neighbor get me added to the list. Now, even when I'm not home to receive the bottles, or not there to pay for the replacements for the empties I put outside, the neighbor, and mooban watchdog Pi Nai goes ahead and pays for my two bottles and I just make sure to get her her 34 b by the next day. Such an easy system. Less wasteful than little bottles, and tons cheaper than the service I had back in the US.

I never have learned the name of our company. In seven years never even seen it being delivered. But once a week we put out 2-3 20 liter bottles with a little envelope taped on, right next to our door, and when we return home, there are three full bottles and the money is gone. Rather magical... Never had a problem with tastes or cleanliness, the price 'was' 17 baht per bottle but a little note last week said that it was going up to 20 baht. Considering that 20 liters of water weights about 40-50 pounds, and I don't have to carry it up 14 flights of stairs, I don't mind the three bath increase over seven years. Try paying THESE prices back in the US!

There was ONE episode during all these years.... I usually am the one to bring the bottles inside. I can carry two at a time, holding them by the neck. Once, about two years ago, the bottle broke off from the neck while I was carrying it inside. Being a plastic bottle, I guess it had been left in the sun once too many times. On the bright side, we did give the living room a right smart cleaning! :o

After more than a year, I finally looked at the name on the bottles that are delivered, 24 quarts per green case: Pole Star, with a green and white starburst logo containing the initials PS. And they're not one liter bottles; they're quarts! It says reverse osmosis and ozone, but who knows? We've never gotten sick. We put the empty cases out on the street one day a week, and they exchange them. They even let us get several weeks behind on payment.

We used to use Wang Nam Kang water, but stopped when we installed our own four stage, (including RO) filtration system using water from our artesian system. We now fill the 20 litre bottles ourselves for use on the water cooler. Much cheaper and more efficient, it costs us about 5 Baht per 20 liters.

The owner of Wang Nam Kang is a previous Minister of Agriculture under Pa Prem. He has the most beautiful, wholly organic, estate at Mae Wang. The land has never seen a chemical fertilizer or pesticide and the quality of the produce is astonishing. I have not been for a few years, but it was one of my favourite places to visit, walk round and learn from the owner. (It is not open to the public.)

Any input regarding the Home delivery drinking water business in Chiang mai. I have been concerned about its quality. Filtration process, government oversight, water sources,good and bad water companies etc.

I have a filter unit. it has a ceramic filter and an activated carbon filter and takes care of the impurities in the water that might be harmful

i bought it a tesco lotus for either 900 B or 1900 B. i don't remember , except that it was the least expensive of the 3 or 4 available. the sales person tried to get me to purchase the next one up saying that it was not as good " a grade B filter".

i am a biochemist/ molecular biologist and i can assure you that this filter is more than adequate for use with the tap water.

easy to install, very low maintainance and water on demand