Fiancee Visa

Well i take my eye off thaivisa for a day and the insults flow thick and fast from GU22 .

Nowhere do i suggest visas are impossible to get , reserved for the HiSo of Thai society . What i DID say was the 2,5 and 10 year visitors visas are reserved mostly for them , and ordinary people (the bulk of applications) get the 6 months one in almost all cases. I pointed out the misleadingly cosy official websites do not make that point so i have in reply to those who ask if they should go for the 10 year vv. More chance of winning the lottery!! Anyone care to dispute that? Perhaps all you people with girlfriends who got the 5 and 10 year visit visas (i know things have recently changed and they are no longer available at present but they were for years) would care to stand up. Come on , must be loads of you .How many can you count GU22?? Guess the answers NONE!! So don't deliberately misconstrue what i am saying.

I am flattered that GU22 thinks that i alone am resonsible for the fear and trepidation that so many people encounter when applying for a visa. That the stress is all down to me. Of course that isn't the case , so whats the real reason . Must be because the fear and trepidation is built into this very consumer unfriendly process , where ECO's can treat applicants like dirt and many times we see reported here how the girlfriend was reduced to tears etc etc. I am not posting those stories , other people are .How can that be GU22 if the ECO's are all so wonderful like you say?? hmmmm?

I have always agreed that for most applicants the process can be relatively easy and although never a pleasure , at least bearable. Its the treatment that some of the refusals get that bothers me . Under the rules of the DSP ECO's are obliged to treat all applicants at all times with respect . It doesn't always happen as you all know. It should .

Nice to see some in depth replies from Moss for a change . Shame he doesn't conribute a little more when GU22 and I are disagreeing. Moss has a lot of experience and knowledge. Unfortunately he mostly chooses to observe and not contribute which i think is a pity cos he has a lot to add , even if he would largely support the pro-establishment party.(i guess?)

Fracair seems particularly ungrateful considering the amount of time i spent trying to help him.(when others were accusing him of being a troll etc ) He says he wanted solid advice , he got loads of that from me and from others , in fact from just about everyone.GU22 included (see i can be generous... its rarely reciprocated :o ).Threads do drift off topic over the whole of this thaivisa site. Sometimes issues open up other issues.Then again suppose now he's got his visa we will hear no more from him.

GU22 asks me why i do it ( IT presumably being make negative comments about our visa system). He asks so i will tell . Whether he likes it or not i HAVE had a lot of direct experience with the BE Bangkok (more than him i venture to suggest by a long way) and various ECO's over the last 13 years i think it is now. In that time (we were allowed into the BE then so could observe all that was happening whilst waiting) i was astonished again and again by how rude and offensive the ECO's could be . My many friends had many successess (can someone tell me how to spell that word i get it wrong everytime!!) , and an equal number of refusals as well. So i have seen it all and certainly seen a lot more than most here. Like it or not thats the truth. Of course when it all goes well there is little to complain about , but when it doesn't i have seen the other side to the BE. I have seen how vicious and spiteful they can be , GU22 and the scoucer amounst perhaps a few others will know what i mean by that (133 days thing) . I am struck by how cosy and welcoming the official websites are , making applying for a visa seem like a pleasure , when in fact the truth is so far removed from that even for the successful. So i warn those especially newbies who won't know , that when applying for a visa you do need to be prepared for a few things that the websites don't tell you .(one example ... they don't tell you that your girlfriend is likely to be called a liar when asked where you met and she replies "in a restaurant/shopping arcade". So i warn them because no-one else seems to . I think thats a good thing to do ... what do you all think?

On that one issue...good to warn or not ?...well...GU22, Moss, fraciar ...even the scoucer may reply (i won't hold my breath on that one).

Another of GU22's fantasies is that he seems to think i am an agent or work for one . I am not ....is that clear enough?

I would be obliged to the scoucer if he didn't delete or edit this , as i am only replying to the insults that have been thrown at me . No breach of forum rules has been made, i am NOT deliberately inciting anyone , its hard to reply to insults without making a few harsh comments so i have kept it as rational as i can . So please leave it for others to read. Thank you

That's it! Despite several comments from various members that they find your constant bickering tiresome, neither of you will desist. You are both on mod preview for a week. This means that you may post, but what you write will not be displayed until approved by a mod.

Scouse.