Thailand to cash in as Tham Luang cave set to become major tourist attraction

webfact

20 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

i dont need to make excuses for them actually i critic them myself very occasionally.

for all we know they could have been worried about tourists coming to the caves and gawking and the whole story gets spun a different way

and then the headline gets adjusted to get a few clicks.

you think it doesnt happen? 

for me, i would not have confidence attacking them if i dont know what was said 100%.

its like if you on a debate team..the Thai team make the first argument in Thai language and then you are expected to get up and respond. how would you go?

Headlines adjusted to garner more clicks, no never, wouldn't do it, not ethical - - OOP'S is there money involved?

Say no more nudge nudge, wink wink. 

Edited by Artisi

15 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

It wouldn't be the first tourist attraction with a morbid theme... There are plenty of examples worldwide..

But they weren't selling tickets for the other places, whilst the dramas were still unfolding !!!

No offense intended to our friends, but this is what you get when a nation's national character is heavily influenced by Chinese culture. Ruthless mercantilism. 

5 hours ago, Artisi said:

Headlines adjusted to garner more clicks, no never, wouldn't do it, not ethical - - OOP'S is there money involved?

Say no more nudge nudge, wink wink. 

Yes how many headline we read really will match what Thai officials actually say and discuss?

this  "cashing in" on such a tragic event is pretty sickening IMO 

a very strong accusation.

but what if to accuse an individual person of it?

i think you could land in very hot water in Thailand!

understand that politicians are angry when media screw around the words to make them look bad

to stir the big pot of shเt 

but then again you must admit it,

<some of them> in <certain parts of world> do come out with very stupid comments and cannot be mistaken in translation.

but you are a fool to think greed is not a big part of human nature, not just in Thailand.