Thailand to cash in as Tham Luang cave set to become major tourist attraction

webfact

1 minute ago, BobbyL said:

Speechless. Absolutely speechless. 

A lot of things don't surprise me here at all nowadays, yet this really has.

They have the most dangerous part to come, and already you've got a bunch of clowns thinking about stuff like this.

Truly embarrassing considering all the world media attention they've got recently for this. 

Exactly, BobbyL. The Thai 'elites' have got no shame. None whatsoever.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Any opportunity to grab a dollar never gets missed does it? They had better hope they all come out OK then or it will be a morbid attraction, not a tourist one. I can't believe they are talking of tourism when the poor kids are still inside there.

take with a grain of salt.

in reality they probably say like:

"its unavoidable that this story going international will attract the tourist who want to come and see the caves" 

The media here have freedom to print whatever BS they like when it come to English read news.

We as westerner have no choice to trust how they translated the Thai to English.

I gotta laugh so hard when TV posters read something Prayuth has supposedly said. 

They show horror and outrage, like he actually spoke English and said those exact English words the media quoted him as saying.

its just idiotic the way many farang get worked up and cant even be sure of the truth

they did it to Thaksin constantly.

they way they can report him, something like:

" I dont respect farangs and the UN is not my father"

or

" the Thai government is not obligated to  take advice from the west, and we are not bound by the U.N"

which one sound better? lol

17 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Any opportunity to grab a dollar never gets missed does it? They had better hope they all come out OK then or it will be a morbid attraction, not a tourist one. I can't believe they are talking of tourism when the poor kids are still inside there.

Graveline Tours provided overview of LA's famous crimes history. This tour started out in late '90's as one guy in a hearse driving around a handful of riders in LA's famous neighborhoods -- focused on infamous crime scenes.

Can't be long and Koh Tao offers tours in an ambulance to all the places where tourists were killed.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The Tham Luang cave network made headlines around the world after the junior footballers aged between 11 and 16, along with their 25 year old coach got trapped inside on June 23.

Now is looking like the government try to prolong the rescue action so that the cave will be much longer in the media focus and so to get many tourists there.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, tingtongtourist said:

The media here have freedom to print whatever BS they like when it come to English read news.

No, I'm afraid they don't have freedom. They can print BS of course - but it must be approved BS - not whatever they like. But they are forbidden from printing a lot of factual information .

The rest of your point is well-taken. Although, I don't think the stupidity and arrogance of Prayuth can be solely attributed to poor translation

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

How about keeping the boys inside indefinitely, like an attraction?

YEP !!!!  good one.

Dont tell the TAT because they may actually do it.

I was wondering how long it would be before the monks got in on the profiteering angle.

Fast moving monks and vendors are now offering  'prediction' amuletes for thousands of baht. Everyone will buy them to predict the time to buy lottery numbers.

Cave scams will be springing up everywhere soon.

I dont know why they think all tourists are stupid enough to wander deep into a dangerous looking cave complex.

Maybe the Chinese are.  They'll be the main bunny.

20 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Agreed. This was started before the diver died, but I hope they stop talking about tourist attractions when it would be at the expense of at least one death.

• Like 2