Repair shop tyres

domdom

I was thinking of B quick.. but did not know where it was.. I go to this Big C to the car wash.. never saw B Quick... Will go tomorrow early morning

Thanks

Have a nice day

25 minutes ago, domdom said:

I was thinking of B quick.. but did not know where it was.. I go to this Big C to the car wash.. never saw B Quick... Will go tomorrow early morning

Thanks

Have a nice day

But be sure they understand exactly what you want / the specific scope of the job.

Why, several years back, same B Quick location, we wanted one damaged tyre replaced and that wheel and tyre put in the spare cavity. All explained clearly by my Thai adult son. Son asked the supervisor to explain back what we wanted, done, all clear. 

We came back an hour later to find 5 new tyres fitted. Then the smartass demanding cashier girl got into the conversation and insisted that they couldn't take the new tyres off the car because they were now second hand and she can't adjust invoices.

Son called his buddy, a senior guy from Big C in Chonburi (not sure there's even a connection with B Quick), he was nearby and came quickly and made it very clear to remove the new tyres, and said he would wait and he asked his secretary to find the number of a senior B Quick person, he called, then gave his phone to the B Quick shop staff who were shocked when their boss told them clearly to remove 4 new tyres etc. and damaged tyre replace with 1 new tyre and in spare tyre cavity.

Cashier girl now much more cooperative and quickly changed the invoice and her attitude. 

On the other hand, we have used B quick several times here in Chiang Mai, excellent service 5 stars.

35 minutes ago, domdom said:

Thank you...

Is it inside big C parking lot where they sell accessories (close to big C access door) ?

Yes, drive (north) by the Big C front door (Sukumvit) and it's on your right. 

41 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Pretty much any of the dozens of tire shops between Jomtien and B-Quick will take the wheel off, pop it off the rim, pull the nail, plug and pressure test and refit for less than 200 baht.

beat me to it ,there are dozens along Sukhumvit .

• Like 1

Thank you.. In fact yes, I never paid attention to it but saw it on my way to B Quick this morning..

Arrived there at around 8.40.. Already number 2 .. but after 5 or 6 cars inside on the car lifts.. Was out after 30 minutes, they repaired the tire, put in back in place and the spare tire at his place in the back of the car, check all other tires and air refiled and balanced.. I wanted to go and pay and was told it was free.. Went to check anyway with the cashier and confirmed it was free.. Big surprise.. I gave a good tip for the guys and left..

Happy for reco and now I know where B Quick is.. Thank you for taking your time to give me this recommendation..

Have a nice day

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Pretty much any of the dozens of tire shops between Jomtien and B-Quick will take the wheel off, pop it off the rim, pull the nail, plug and pressure test and refit for less than 200 baht.

More tire repairs shops or more 7/11 in the country?

Here in upcountry I bet for tire repair shops :biggrin:

B-quick, did a nail in the tyre , straight forward plug, in situ.

for free,   yes for free !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :thumbsup:

Did give the guy 40baht.

This was 4 weeks ago, pattaya Thai, next to Big-C  

good job boys. :jap:

Edited by stanleycoin

4 hours ago, domdom said:

Thank you.. In fact yes, I never paid attention to it but saw it on my way to B Quick this morning..

Arrived there at around 8.40.. Already number 2 .. but after 5 or 6 cars inside on the car lifts.. Was out after 30 minutes, they repaired the tire, put in back in place and the spare tire at his place in the back of the car, check all other tires and air refiled and balanced.. I wanted to go and pay and was told it was free.. Went to check anyway with the cashier and confirmed it was free.. Big surprise.. I gave a good tip for the guys and left..

Happy for reco and now I know where B Quick is.. Thank you for taking your time to give me this recommendation..

Have a nice day

Yes, fixing flats for free is B Quick's loss-leader and seems to ensure that they will get either return customers with flats or the much more desirable and lucrative new tire shopper. When I lived in Pattaya, I gave the guy next to Boonthavorn, almost opposite the Highway 7 entrance ramp my flat-fixing business. Handy to know where some of the alternatives are for if/when the slow puncture you have been living with suddenly won't make the u-turn back to B Quick... and vice versa! Just look for the piles of slightly used tires on OEM rims as you head down the road... they're all pretty good at what they do.