“Buddy dive” planned for Tham Luang rescue – news report

And so it has begun....it appears four are out and doing fairly well. The approach taken by the worlds people to this, united as one to save these young men, makes me proud that we can, in the time of dramatic need, pull together and work as a team to solve a threat.

35 minutes ago, bannork said:

Is that from today or is it from a rescue already mentioned occurring some time ago? The water looks remarkably clear.

Ignore him he is a serial Thai basher  laying in the boot all  day today and during the rescue no less.. and ended up looking like a total idiot. I mean seriously who posts pictures like that without an explanation...weirdo

Edited by BangkokSausage
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Ever since the kids have been found there has been a huge, well coordinated effort, planning, training, practising for the rescue we are seeing now.  They've been planning it for days which is why it appears to have gone so smoothly with the first kids coming out in good health.

Do you really think they've been sitting around on their <deleted> and have just decided to do this now because it's started raining?  This is not a reactive effort but undoubtedly the most well coordinated proactive effort Thailand has ever seen, and probably that most of the world has ever seen.  

And all the things you listed were done.  They found them.  They got water, food and medicine to them, they got air lines in to them, they got doctors in to them, and they immediately started prepping them for an extraction.

What the Hell is wrong with people in this forum??

Once this is over can we volunteer to send some of the TV heroes who know better in to the cave?  I'll start a crowd funding page and will contribute $1,000 to kick it off.

I'd like to see them organise their own rescue with no help from Thais because we all know Thais are incompetent and would try to steal the crowd funding money because Thais are also money grabbers.  Maybe one or two of them could try out Elon Musk's inflatable floaty things because Elon is a westerner.  They would be crying for their mums in seconds, unlike these boys, the coach, and the amazing people who are in those caves working to bring them out.

It seems Thai and international heroes are on the cusp of executing one of the world's most incredible rescues.  Fingers crossed all the kids come out just like the first few reportedly have.

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Get Real said:

Incredible! Drugging people that are going to cave-dive???? Any more great ideas?

Incredible! Drugging people that are going to cave-dive???? Any more great ideas?

No riskier when the boys go panic. Doctors know what to do, they are on the spot. They give no ganja, or ice, but sedative. Surely, they understand the dosage.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, ostyan said:

No riskier when the boys go panic. Doctors know what to do, they are on the spot. They give no ganja, or ice, but sedative. Surely, they understand the dosage.

I'm not sure a sedative would be helpful at all. You don't want the boys being logy or have their senses dulled. A very mild anti anxiety med might be useful though.

I would guess the reason there are 40 foreign divers, is because regular open-water & cave diving are very different, I noticed one of the photo had a farang with a Nitrox tank for example.

If heavy rain is starting may well be a very good idea, to have started this now, if the water volume going through funneled areas make the current too strong to move upstream , especially.

seems cave rescues require 1000s of people ; may be less difficult than organizing  better ocean and road safety  really

godspeed john glenn

4 hours ago, ostyan said:

Yes, you might believe that as well as I also would like to be able to. However, using a sedative is individual regarding reaction to it. That is something a doctor never can be 100% sure of.

7 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Do you really think they've been sitting around on their <deleted> and have just decided to do this now because it's started raining?  This is not a reactive effort but undoubtedly the most well coordinated proactive effort Thailand has ever seen, and probably that most of the world has ever seen.

Yes, this was a very fine balancing act, between taking advantage of the lull in the heavy rain, optimising the amount of water they could pump out, getting a sufficiently capable diving team in place with oxygen along the whole route, renourishing the boys and giving them some quick training in the water, and taking into account oxygen depletion within the cave, especially since the sad death of the Thai SEAL. Timing was paramount, and they've shown great judgement and flexibility from the start, adapting plans of action as conditions have changed. Nothing but respect. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

Yes, I read the link. That´s an amazing amount of information, that glorifies this person to a higher status than most living persons. However, nothing stated there will guarantee a 100% security that an individual reaction out of unknown circumstances will occur.

40 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Yes, I read the link. That´s an amazing amount of information, that glorifies this person to a higher status than most living persons. However, nothing stated there will guarantee a 100% security that an individual reaction out of unknown circumstances will occur.

..good name for you..Get Real.. lol

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

..good name for you..Get Real.. lol

Australian, by any chance? What I´ve heard it´s only pure and manic patriotism that can create a virtual possibility that 100% security exists.