Tourist Visa to Non-O for retirement

- Retirement Visa Questions

I am In country, wanting to change a Tourist Visa to a NON -O 90 day. As first step …. to extend for a year,  ... retirement.

Now Just when I thought everything was ok. I read this statement here on thaivisa regarding changing a Tourist to a Non-O

This is done in Chiang Mai or Bangkok, but no where else’

I was going to have it done in an up country province; Phitsanuloke at the Immigration Office there.  Based on the comment above, is this even possible? Are all my plans rat crap? Should be getting ready to head to Savannakhet Laos. And get a non O there. Or head to Bangkok or CM ? Again this is for retirement not marriage if that makes a difference. Thanks for any replies.

I had this little packet ready to go

1) An Application for Temporary stay in Kingdom – TM7 Photo

2) Passport pages – face page, visa, and any other pages

3) Dep Card photo/copy

4) Affidavit of funds form

5) Residence – TM30 – (even though this province does not require them)

I know that a person has converted the Non -O 90 day to a NON -O 1 year based on retirement at this Immigration Office. However no one here can tell me if they do the Tourist to 90 day. And then I read the above in not one but two old threads here on

Thaivisa.

Now question 2 if I have to go to Savannakhet Laos

A)  While they may want just 2 copies of each of the documents – have 4 just in case.

--If applying from out of the country – Savannkhet.

Subtract dep card –

Add in

A)   TM 30 form

B)   Physical from a Hospital

C)    Security clearance from local police department

Anything else?

The application for the 90 day non immigrant visa entry can be applied for at any immigration office now. The info you posted is way out of date.

1. You will use a TM86 change of visa status form to apply for the visa. The TM7 form is for the extension application.

Download: TM86 Change Of Visa Status

For Savannakhet none what you listed would be needed.

Just a visa application form ( Savannakhet 2501-01-31.PDF ) and a copy of your passport photo page. Copy of income affidavit and proof of at least 20k baht in a bank.

Note the some immigration offices in Thailand are easier than others to get the 90-day stamp.  For the difficult ones, the Savannakhet trip may be a better choice - but this depends on the office, and that office's "extra rules" (if any).  I would try your local office first, then do the Savannakhet trip only if they make problems about it.

After a stop at the local Immigration office last week, I will be going to Savannkhet Laos for my Non – O,  90 day visa. Step 1 in getting a retirement extension.

As per above, All the docs I need are;

1) Visa application form

2) Copy of passport photo & pages

3) Copy of Income affidavit form ( & original)

4) Proof of 20 K in bank

Two further questions

A) Will a photocopy of updated Krungthai bank passbook be ok for 20 K baht? ( I have 2 other accounts but not Thai Banks )

B) The address I put on the Income Affidavit from Embassy is for G-friend’s province P-loke. But I will be applying for Non - O extension based on retirement in Chiang Mai. We are moving to Chiang Mai. Is this an issue? Will it be an issue when I submit the docs again when applying for the retirement extension after 60 days have passed?

Thanks for any and all help and suggestions.

DC

A. Yes but update you bank book and make a copy before leaving the country. The proof can be from any bank including you bank accounts outside the country.

B. No problem to apply for the visa. It should not be a problem either when applying for the one year extension at immigration. You though will need proof of your new address in Chiang Mai to apply for the extension and that includes doing a TM30 report to them.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Minor point. Should I ink out the last 3 digits of my financial accounts # for safety reasons when I submit documents? or is that being ridiculous and or the consulate people will not accept them. 

Thanks Again

3 minutes ago, Dcheech said:

Minor point. Should I ink out the last 3 digits of my financial accounts # for safety reasons when I submit documents? or is that being ridiculous and or the consulate people will not accept them. 

Not a problem to do that if you are concerned about it.