how to apply for address proof

good morning everyone,

i got my 3 months non immigrant O visa, can i apply for address proof now or i should apply for 1 year extension first?

please suggest the necessary steps after first 3 months non immigrant O visa.

Thanks 

I assume your asking what proof of address Immigration want to apply for your extension?

That depends on the office you'll be reporting to and your personal living situation.

Do you stay with a Thai wife, girlfriend in her house?

Do you rent privately?

More information about your situation would be helpful.

Usually within the last 30 days of your 90 day permission to stay from your Non Imm O Visa, you can apply for the extension, providing you meet the financial requirements.

Edited by Tanoshi

17 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Do you stay with a Thai wife, girlfriend in her house?

Do you rent privately?

More information about your situation would be helpful.

Thanks for your reply Mr Tanoshi sir

i am staying in rented  place with Thai wife.  i want to make  driving license so need address proof, also i want to know Other important  information related to non-o visa .

Thanks a lot

12 minutes ago, vjanm said:

Thanks for your reply Mr Tanoshi sir

i am staying in rented  place with Thai wife.  i want to make  driving license so need address proof, also i want to know Other important  information related to non-o visa .

Thanks a lot

OK, firstly your asking about a 'Certificate of Residence' as proof of address to obtain a Thai driving licence.

The first stop for most would be their local Immigration office. (Some offices no longer supply these).

Alternatively your Embassy can supply one, though expensive, or in certain Provinces your local Police station or Amphur can assist.

As I assume you've just entered Thailand on a single entry Non Imm O Visa, other than putting your address on your TM6 arrival card, your local Immigration office will have no record of your personal details or registered address.

(More specific advice can be given if we know which Immigration office you'd be using).

If your living in a rented house with Thai wife, you could need a copy of your rental agreement, a signed copy of your landlords Tabien Baan (blue house book) and their ID card. Take these (along with Passport and TM6 card) to Immigration and introduce yourself.

They can then make a local file with your details and furbish a 'Certificate of Residence'

It should be free, but some charge a fee.

There is also a requirement by law for the 'House Master' to inform Immigration of your presence at their residence.

This is form TM30, but not all offices enforce this requirement.

Again if we know where your local Immigration office is we can advise more and perhaps avert you being fined.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Again if we know where your local Immigration office is we can advise more and perhaps avert you being fined.

I am staying in Latphrao Bangkok and immigration office is chaengwattana .

Thanks

With regards to obtaining an extension, again I assume you will apply for a Marriage extension.

You apply for this within the last 30 days of your current 90 day permission to stay.

The financial requirement is either 400,000 baht deposited in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to the date of application and in your name only, OR an Income Letter from your Embassy showing a monthly income equivalent to 40,000 baht per month.

Again if we know your preference we can advise more.

12 minutes ago, vjanm said:

I am staying in Latphrao Bangkok and immigration office is chaengwattana .

Thanks

Thanks, OK, CW Immigration don't enforce filing a TM30 so no need to worry about that.

To get a 'Certificate of Residence' from CW, just follow the advice I gave early.

16 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

If your living in a rented house with Thai wife, you could need a copy of your rental agreement, a signed copy of your landlords Tabien Baan (blue house book) and their ID card. Take these (along with Passport and TM6 card) to Immigration and introduce yourself.

They can then make a local file with your details and furbish a 'Certificate of Residence'

It should be free, but some charge a fee.

With CW I believe they charge if you want same day service for the Certificate of Residence.

Edited by Tanoshi

For a 'certificate of residence' I'd advise you take the following documents as this will be your first visit to CW.

Passport.

Copy of photo and personal information page.

Copy of Non Imm O Visa.

Copy of your entry stamp.

TM6 Departure card.

Copy of TM6 card.

Rental Agreement.

Signed copy of landlords Tabien Baan.

Signed copy of landlords ID card.

Completed application form for Certificate of Residence.

Cert of res app form.doc

• Like 1

Bangkok Immigration will not issue a certificate of residence until you have done a 90 day report with them, so at the moment the OP doesn't qualify. As the first extension also counts as a 90 day report, I assume that he should be able to get a certificate of residence as soon as he has done his extension.

Sophon

25 minutes ago, Sophon said:

Bangkok Immigration will not issue a certificate of residence until you have done a 90 day report with them, so at the moment the OP doesn't qualify. As the first extension also counts as a 90 day report, I assume that he should be able to get a certificate of residence as soon as he has done his extension.

Sophon

I think it would be more accurate to say Immigration won't issue a CofR when they have no personal details on file of the applicant.

They create a personal file once you visit to make your first 90 day report from the documents supplied.

That doesn't mean you can't introduce yourself first and supply the documents to enable them to create a personal file on their local database beforehand.

Edited by Tanoshi

36 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I think it would be more accurate to say Immigration won't issue a CofR when they have no personal details on file of the applicant.

They create a personal file once you visit to make your first 90 day report from the documents supplied.

That doesn't mean you can't introduce yourself first and supply the documents to enable them to create a personal file on their local database beforehand.

There has been many reports on this forum of people failing to get a certificate of residence from bangkok immigration while here on a visa entry. Just going there and introducing yourself doesn't work, at least it hasn't seemed to work for anyone in the past.

Sophon

20 minutes ago, Sophon said:

There has been many reports on this forum of people failing to get a certificate of residence from bangkok immigration while here on a visa entry. Just going there and introducing yourself doesn't work, at least it hasn't seemed to work for anyone in the past.

Sophon

They probably didn't take sufficient documentation to support registration in order to apply for a CofR.

I obtained a Cof R at CW 3 days after arriving in Thailand.

I also obtained another 3 days after moving to Amnat.

I took the same documents as I would for making a first 90 day report as listed above.

Admittedly that was several years ago and their policy may have changed.

The OP will never know unless he tries.

Edited by Tanoshi

34 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

They probably didn't take sufficient documentation to support registration in order to apply for a CofR.

As said already Chaeng Wattana immigration will not do a certificate unless you have done at least one 90 day report to them. It has been that way for a long time now.

I can recall a report of a person on an extension based upon retirement who tried to get one but was denied one because the had not been doing 90 day reports because they never stayed in the country over 90 days.

• Like 2