Are You Married Or Are You Happy?

thai_narak

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I’ve been married for 20 years with my thai wife…and absolutely love marriage and my wife – 1st marriage for both of us.

We’re similar in age (2 yr diff), and education. But the time has not always been easy, esp during our univ years( almost bloke all the times). We have had our usual ups and downs, it takes a lot of trial and error but I think the key to OUR happy marriage are....mutual love, a lot of respect, and understanding possible w/ open communication.

I think the only time two people never have a disagreement is when they are both dead.

I have to report that we have been happily married to each other for 18 months so far. With a five year old daughter. She has followed to live with me in four different countries over the last four years. We currently have lived together in the USA for the last year, but neither of us are too happy here. It is a very different place (a subject I would rather not get into) than when I lived here ten years ago. We both look forward to moving back to our home in Thailand in the future.

Not everything has been smooth sailing. We both have had to adjust to each other's lives, but I think we are in it for the long haul together. My wife has eased the pain of working for a less than perfect employer over the last four years a lot less than it could have been. I can't ever see being married to anyone else and wish the same for those of you out there taking the plunge.

When I originally moved to thailand my intention was to ordain as a Buddhist monk. I met my wife and all this changed. We lived togerther here in our Thai village for three years before getting married last month. We have a little Luk Kruang on the way, due in august.

I never thought I would get married (despite many many relationships) and managed to hold off for 37 years. I am glad I waited as I definitely met my match. I am very happy and she hasn't started beating me yet :o

I am actually quite content with my Thai wife. There are always ups and downs. I have to say that I must not be an easy guy to live with. I have to admit that because two failed prior marriages prove it. Normally when we do have words it is because my wife knows everything. (She's usually right). Actually we have VERY few words. She doesn't talk and I don't either. No yelling contests here.

Would I rather be single again? absolutely NOT! :o

• 1 month later...
When I originally moved to thailand my intention was to ordain as a Buddhist monk. I met my wife and all this changed. We lived togerther here in our Thai village for three years before getting married last month. We have a little Luk Kruang on the way, due in august.

I never thought I would get married (despite many many relationships) and managed to hold off for 37 years. I am glad I waited as I definitely met my match. I am very happy and she hasn't started beating me yet :o

pahhhhhh pathetic held off for 37 years, you should try harder I held off for 42 years then married a 31 yr old no problems so far :D

I'm with Tuky and Manjara. Happily married with two daughters here in Bangkok. (The international school fees do hurt Manjara!).

I am with you Mick, no kids yet, but they will come. Mick should be happy, he has a great wife and wonderful kids.

Looks like the were-marrieds are shy. I was married to a Thai woman for 15 years. Am now with a Thai girlfriend for three years. Have never been happy, but have grown to enjoy the beatings. Some never learn...

-----------------------------

That's a good one dumpsero. I can relate but I do believe I have learned my lesson... :o

Happily married. 3 1/2 years. Few very minor hiccups here and there. No drinking (twice a year), both hooked on computers and internet, she has a good education and businness skills, have our own business. I take care of the house and don't want her doing any of it, which she likes. She now hooked on fishing :D

As for kids, we'd love to have a few but it seems we have a fertility problem. :o