Junta No. 2 Sorry For Chinese Ferry Deaths Remarks

webfact

16 minutes ago, Artisi said:

more than half the businesses of Thailand 

Bit disingenuous that. Businesses in Thailand are run by second, third, fourth generation Chinese mainly from specific counties of  Guangdong province and Hainan. These communities identify themselves as Sino-Thai, distinct from post-Mao mainland arrivals.

• Like 1

In a way I am quite happy that there are responsible moderators on TVF, because if I said what I truly think about this piece of (insert favourite adjective here) I would no longer be a member, what a Muppet, a big sorry to Kermit & Miss Piggy.

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

Bit disingenuous that. Businesses in Thailand are run by second, third, fourth generation Chinese mainly from specific counties of  Guangdong province and Hainan. These communities identify themselves as Sino-Thai, distinct from post-Mao mainland arrivals.

I met a few of those  third, fourth generation Chinese in Bangkok and Chiangmai.  They are a bunch of confused ones.  Some of them don't speak a word of Mandarin, and are just now learning a few words hoping to latch onto the China train.   

8 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Would have thought the throw-away comment would have been understood, seems not. 

13 hours ago, Johnnyngai said:

I met a few of those  third, fourth generation Chinese in Bangkok and Chiangmai.  They are a bunch of confused ones.  Some of them don't speak a word of Mandarin, and are just now learning a few words hoping to latch onto the China train.   

Why would they speak Mandarin? The great grandparents who came to Thailand from southern coastal China would have spoken Tae Chiew, Hokkien or another Cantonese dialect or Hailam. I don't understand your comment at all.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2018 at 6:49 PM, HAKAPALITA said:

Spotted, One Lefty Showflake. They replaced a common elected thief then, Good Kin Riddance its better now for working folks.

So being for democracy is being left? If it's so much better for working folks, then why do the red shirt keep winning every election? Why change the constitution to prevent that from happening yet again?

On 7/10/2018 at 7:15 PM, bluesofa said:

Did I blink and miss something? Have we had another coup with a second Junta? Is that the New Improved Version - just add water?

They mean the dictator's right hand. 

• Thanks 1