Heroes one and all: Thai media hails seven British divers key in cave rescue

snoop1130

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I seriously doubt they would even want to travel right now. They want to go home. If it was two weeks from now it could be different. Being alive and saved is really a Hollywood ending enough.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

world cup final would have been the hollywood ending but i doubt i'd want to be stuck in a plane for the first time after such an ordeal. but for young footie kids like that. they'd be running to the plane i reckon. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I seriously doubt they would even want to travel right now. They want to go home. If it was two weeks from now it could be different. Being alive and saved is really a Hollywood ending enough.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You must be kidding, three days from now those boys be busting a nut to get on that plane. World Cup Baby!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Why not do both to some degree? Set up a welcome home party for them and screen it into the World Cup Final pre-match show. The kids will feel part of it and it will reach out to the world. Apparently they have been invited to Man Utd anyway, so this would be a great ending to a riveting show, while they fully recover. Being from humble backgrounds though, they might want to just be themselves and play football on the local park and not think about any of it, ever again. I wouldn't want to pay that price for being a celebrity.

Screw that, Putin will gladly send his jet to CM and have them back in 24 hours. For those Wild Boars missing the chance to go to the WC would be far worse than going back in that cave. Besides the only reason they agreed to go diving was they were promised a trip to the game. Leave them kids alone!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JAZZDOG said:

And tickets to Qatar 2022 but only if they stop visiting caves

If England win the World Cup maybe they will come to Thailand to play a friendly match with the Thai Team to raise funds for youth football in Thailand and maybe a cave training and rescue centre.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

They better make it,  likely the Wild Boars will be the only Thai team ever with the chance to take the field at World Cup Final ! They would be remembered 100 years from now.

But they won't make it, will they?

Maybe they can do some kind of recognition of the team and international youth football during the opening, even with the Thai national anthem?

If I was FIFA I would do something. 

Also, I really do you think you're tripping.

Have some understanding for what they've been through. YOU might want them to make it, but you're assuming they would nearly be up for it in a few days. They're focused on being well enough for some pad krapow.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

But they won't make it, will they?

Maybe they can do some kind of recognition of the team and international youth football during the opening, even with the Thai national anthem?

If I was FIFA I would do something. 

Also, I really do you think you're tripping.

Have some understanding for what they've been through. YOU might want them to make it, but you're assuming they would nearly be up for it in a few days. They're focused on being well enough for some pad krapow.

Lighten up, it is mostly in jest and relief they are ok. I think everybody can chill and relax and not be so uptight about every post. By the way FIFA was notified the boys would not be attending due to health concerns. We still need to hit FIFA up for a rain check for QATAR 2022. With your permission of course, HaHa

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You must be kidding, three days from now those boys be busting a nut to get on that plane. World Cup Baby!!
Yeah it's weird. Lots of posts last few days insisting they are better off in hospital. I think it's called old man disease.. So old they forgot how resilient kids can be.
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It was worse last week when some posters with offering "RIPs" and "Condolences" , although those posters havent been seen for a while .

Ditto ...... And what about those posters who were laying odds on some losses if the rescue went ahead in "dive" form. Such totally ridiculous posts !

I think it's time for the Thai media to pack up and jump on a plane down to Phuket where nearly 50 people are dead and the search is on for more still missing.i can't believe that so much attention has been given to this cave rescue and the real disaster has taken 2nd place.yes it's great news that they were all rescued but lets not forget this massacre of people including many children.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, lamyai3 said:

There's been extensive news reportage over the past week or so, and especially since the boys were first found. I can assure you that the international news media from all over (including CNN) has given proper credit to the Brits. How could they not, given the initial conversation that happened. I found coverage on this whole story to show news media at it's very best, that every presenter and on the spot reporter was genuinely horrified at the situation the kids and their rescuers faced, and the cooperation of all parties concerned. It's been the most tense and uplifting story I can remember in a long time, with very little in the way of negativity or finger pointing so far. 

I can assure you that the CNN reporting, last night, was as I stated.

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I can assure you that the CNN reporting, last night, was as I stated.

I don't disbelieve you, but much of the international coverage I've seen has also been on CNN. This is a print edition, but it's not untypical of the coverage I saw on their TV news. I'm English myself and I have no complaint about the way they've covered this story in recent days. 

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2018/07/10/asia/thai-cave-rescue-international-intl/index.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1