Thai TV crew member slapped face of serving girl at restaurant near cave, reports Thai media

webfact

Does it matter?

Surely the point is that the waitress was assaulted, nothing can excuse that, charges of assault should be automatically started.

To many there is a huge difference between a man hitting a woman or a woman hitting a woman. And we do not have any back story on provocation, reasons, etc. Just typical TVF judgement and condemnation without consideration of all the facts.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

In Thailand some people get pardons after doing a whole lot worse to a whole lot of the population. Some even write 'cannot prosecute' in the nation's constitution and get away with it.

Get real.

The lack of reality is alive and kicking today, more so than normal it would appear

Nice touch to end on

7 hours ago, steve73 said:

500bt and a wai to the girl... all be forgotten.  So sad it can be so easy for the "hi-so's"

Given that the head of the TV station he worked for had to travel up to Chiang Rai from Bangkok in order to apologize to the girl, I suspect that he will be looking for a new job soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JAG said:

Given that the head of the TV station he worked for had to travel up to Chiang Rai from Bangkok in order to apologize to the girl, I suspect that he will be looking for a new job soon!

That could well be true. Given the whole event, maybe the station desperately wanted to avoid bad publicity for the station, therefore quick high profile snr. ,manager apology..

On the other hand if the reporter is a 'flagship' on screen anchor / celebrity for the station and pulls in viewers and ad. revenues, maybe manager comes quick to smooth it over as fast as possible with errant  'reporter' out of sight hoping to minimize damage to revenue and hoping 'celebrity reporter' can re-appear for revenue stream. Also could be manager doesn't want 'celebrity reporter' upset and stressed by having to go thru investigation etc. 

54 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

In Thailand some people get pardons after doing a whole lot worse to a whole lot of the population. Some even write 'cannot prosecute' in the nation's constitution and get away with it.

Get real.

So, that makes it right to hit then? I guess it´s you that needs to get real. That was the worst excuse you made so far. Congratulations!

• Haha 1

This is a prevalent attitude among small fry reporters and media in Thailand who often feel powerful and entitled because they think they can give bad press to anyone who crosses them as a threat/retaliation.

Me thinks someone needs to be thrown deep in the cave.

13 hours ago, steve73 said:

500bt and a wai to the girl... all be forgotten.  So sad it can be so easy for the "hi-so's"

I think so at this case the tv station's big boss go to the scene, a minimum 10.000 was offered to be silent

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, worgeordie said:

" had been drinking alcohol at the restaurant when they had a problem with the serving girl."

I think it's the girl that had problem with them,drunk people who think they are important,

hitting a young girl,he must be really proud of himself,and got off the hook with an apology,

should have been charged with assault,

regards worgeordie

And made to pay the girls missing wages! "Sorry" just doesn't cut it! "Hollier than thou" retard.

Edited by lvr181
Additional wording

11 hours ago, jerojero said:

Just another <deleted> who can't handle his alcohol.

Was in a business once the old Mrs owned and a drunk  Farang "star" came in from a   TV channel  and tried to flash his work card instead of passport or official id etc..... 

The receptionist came to me to see if he could just check in with a work card because he's "famous" 

I said he gets the same rules as everyone else  or he can look for another place, tell him rules are made by the govt, not us

He complained about it but eventually gave his passport anyway..... 

He's still on the TV....... AFAIK ?

On 7/12/2018 at 2:35 AM, smileydude said:

This is a prevalent attitude among small fry reporters and media in Thailand who often feel powerful and entitled because they think they can give bad press to anyone who crosses them as a threat/retaliation.

You would be surprised how prevalent this is in Thai society as a whole. If you have power and status over a person you can get away with it. 

45 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

You would be surprised how prevalent this is in Thai society as a whole. If you have power and status over a person you can get away with it. 

Example: my company (international management consulting company) was keen to make a weekly contribution to the business pages of one of the two main English dailies. The paper was keen also but were insistent that they would do all the writing.

We offered to go to their office to organize / to explain the first item. No, their business reporters wanted to come to our office for this discussion. We learned later why, the 2 men wanted a free good quality business necktie with a nice logo and they all placed an order in advance for their preferred coffee (Starbucks) and a range of expensive snacks and noodles etc. And they called the receptionIst insisting that one of our staff meet them at the entrance of the building car park and have a spot reserved for them. On arrival they were rude to the receptionist and the maid and to our junior consulting staff.

At the meeting I tried to give them a quick overview of the research involved in the article we were offering, they didn't listen just chatted about other things. I told my senior Thai consultant to explain it in Thai, again they didn't listen.

I was concerned and asked them in English for a draft before the article was published. The reporters made it plain they were insulted. So we gave them several brochures with the key words and phrases. One reporter put the brochures in his bag, the others left them sitting on the table.

The article appeared, to our horror the explanation was illogical and had no value, the key words had been changed and one research finding now had a double sexual meaning (the item kept mentioning '... the missionary style...').

We called them, they refused to discuss the matter. End of relationship.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peasandmash said:

it is all fake news

Nah, "Fake news" is that guy from overseas who continues to bash all and sundry and when he gets it wrong, explains "That was not what I meant".

Just my take on "fake news" by using a well known example.

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Example: my company (international management consulting company) was keen to make a weekly contribution to the business pages of one of the two main English dailies. The paper was keen also but were insistent that they would do all the writing.

We offered to go to their office to organize / to explain the first item. No, their business reporters wanted to come to our office for this discussion. We learned later why, the 2 men wanted a free good quality business necktie with a nice logo and they all placed an order in advance for their preferred coffee (Starbucks) and a range of expensive snacks and noodles etc. And they called the receptionIst insisting that one of our staff meet them at the entrance of the building car park and have a spot reserved for them. On arrival they were rude to the receptionist and the maid and to our junior consulting staff.

At the meeting I tried to give them a quick overview of the research involved in the article we were offering, they didn't listen just chatted about other things. I told my senior Thai consultant to explain it in Thai, again they didn't listen.

I was concerned and asked them in English for a draft before the article was published. The reporters made it plain they were insulted. So we gave them several brochures with the key words and phrases. One reporter put the brochures in his bag, the others left them sitting on the table.

The article appeared, to our horror the explanation was illogical and had no value, the key words had been changed and one research finding now had a double sexual meaning (the item kept mentioning '... the missionary style...').

TIT  :sad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, scorecard said:

After their behaviour that result should not have taken you by surprise 

• Like 1