Thai boys give a wave to the world in first video since their rescue

snoop1130

2 hours ago, animalmagic said:

I am not on expert on bats but it would seem logical that bats would not populate a cave that is cut off from the outside world for periods of weeks or months.  From what I have observed they go out to feed every night.

The entire cave was not cut off.  The entrance was not flooded up to the roof line, at least not from what I saw.  The openings to the cave were pretty large.

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

The entire cave was not cut off.  The entrance was not flooded up to the roof line, at least not from what I saw.  The openings to the cave were pretty large.

I have not been in the caves, nor do I wish to.  I was simply pointing out that, from all diagrams, schematics, video footage and reports from those who ventured in to find them it seems that sections of the access route were completely underwater; therefore not usable by bats.  Estimates of the boys' refuge cave position said it was 4-5 kilometres from the entrance and I again would surmise not somewhere that the bats would seek out for nesting.

5 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Agreed, but why would bats go km's in to the caves?

8 hours ago, animalmagic said:

I am not on expert on bats but it would seem logical that bats would not populate a cave that is cut off from the outside world for periods of weeks or months.  From what I have observed they go out to feed every night.

They are small enough to come and go through tiny inaccessible  fissures in the caves . Go to Lopburi sometime.

So relieved that the young men are safe.

Question has the Thai Gov. mentioned any thing about blasting or closing the cave off permanently.

Knowing Thai's it only a matter of time till some one else wanders in to them.

So relieved that the young men are safe.
Question has the Thai Gov. mentioned any thing about blasting or closing the cave off permanently.
Knowing Thai's it only a matter of time till some one else wanders in to them.

The opposite. They want to turn the mountain into a tourist attraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk