An Onslaught of Tourists Is Stressing Out Thailand

webfact

Here where I live is no tourist around but rubbish everywhere. Stop to blame always the FOREIGNER TOURIST for all the rubbish that you producing and not able to taking care of.

In many places, the peoples use to burning all the plastic and any other rubbish, a lot of them is just flying away before the fire take it.

I will say, the AH 13 is the absolute rubbish place.

Many tourists follow just the very good EXAMPLE from you.

Stop product plastic and foam.

Collect all the rubbish around.

Follow up the regulation about burning.

And last but not least, stop to blame the FOREIGNER TOURIST or close down all the border for all kind of foreigners.

7 hours ago, HooHaa said:

Instant noodles?

Rather a poor example to choose if you wish to blame tourists for the excess of garbage.

Chinese tourists perhaps?

You are not only a minority among the indigenous population.

Now also among the foreign "leisure" population.

Thrash everywhere in Thailand is clearly caused by the Thai people themselves. The biggest problem is that people get used to this thrash everywhere, and look at it as normal. This winter, I started to notice more and more the thrash in Thailand, so when I came back home for the summer, I was stunned by how clean it is in my country. I made a video of the street in front of my house, and the park nearby, and sent it to my neighbours and friends in Thailand. The response from everyone was, 'Wow, it is so clean'.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Thrash everywhere in Thailand is clearly caused by the Thai people themselves. The biggest problem is that people get used to this thrash everywhere, and look at it as normal. This winter, I started to notice more and more the thrash in Thailand, so when I came back home for the summer, I was stunned by how clean it is in my country. I made a video of the street in front of my house, and the park nearby, and sent it to my neighbours and friends in Thailand. The response from everyone was, 'Wow, it is so clean'.

Don't worry, the minister needs sometimes showing up that he is still in charge!!! Thailand is submerged by rubbish!

2 hours ago, lensta said:

I would just like to know where these record number of tourists go.

I have lived in a beachside tourist town since 2008 and the numbers

of tourists have decreased year on year. Now the high season is shorter

with less tourists. Now during low season, it is like a ghost town.

They're going to Pattaya.

12 minutes ago, Spock said:

I suspect this minister of tourism is not going to be in the job for long. 

funny i was having this exact same thought.

Even if it was 80,000 tourist coming but as long as they going to the right places, i dont think many will complain

2 hours ago, lensta said:

I would just like to know where these record number of tourists go.

I have lived in a beachside tourist town since 2008 and the numbers

of tourists have decreased year on year. Now the high season is shorter

with less tourists. Now during low season, it is like a ghost town.

Many of them land at Suvarnabhumi airport, get out, see the trash,then immediately go back inside the airport to board a plane leaving Thailand...yet they are counted as tourists since their passports have been stamped...

My old village I placed bins outside all around our place for rubbish to be put in. They were never full and after a few months, they disappeared, apparently stolen. I saw them out of the front of some very poor neighbor's shack, and I just said to myself they went to a 'better place'.  I placed another set outside and chained them to the fences. They never got full, rubbish was everywhere, and I use to pay my ex-girlfriends very young sister 50 baht a week to go around our area to clean the rubbish up.

It's not the tourists. Same problem in the Philippines as well when I lived there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, biggles45 said:

The northern end of Pattaya beach road is busy with 

thais on Sundays. Sitting on mats, having a good time with lots of food.

walk past when they have gone, rubbish everywhere, never a thought to pack it up and take it home for disposal. This is the mindset here and will unlikely chane. Start with the young ones in schoo

That may be but at least the Government has made sure that all that rubbish does not contain any of those tiny cigarette stubs.  When they introduced that stupid law, why did they not think to include ALL litter while they were at it?  We keep hearing about a possible law to make stores charge for plastic bags, but where is it?  One insignificant step at a time and, even then, not directed at the root of the problem.

1 hour ago, biggles45 said:

The northern end of Pattaya beach road is busy with 

thais on Sundays. Sitting on mats, having a good time with lots of food.

walk past when they have gone, rubbish everywhere, never a thought to pack it up and take it home for disposal. This is the mindset here and will unlikely chane. Start with the young ones in schoo

What beach?

I thought it was a landfill!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Its all very well saying too many tourists are bad, but at the end of the day, they will ignore all the warnings and opt to take the money, while destroying as much natural habitat as they can get away with, and then wonder how things went wrong.

Bloody Tourists!!

It is not an onslaught of Tourists that is "stressing out " Thailand

Thailand is  " stressing out " Thailand, because of a Country that is living 50 Years in the past.

The Thais really cannot cope with their own success as far a Tourism goes.

2 hours ago, GLewis said:

They are taught from a young age to litter. Nothing is ever said about littering in Thai society. Kids going to kindergarten in a bus throw the empty milk cartons out the windows as if its nothing. To throw away has no connection with a trash or rubbish bin here.  Its really just unbelievable they have no love or care for the environment at all. 

The first time I travelled by train with my wife, she neatly collected all our rubbish into a plastic bag and was about to throw it out of the window before I stopped her. To her, nothing could be more natural

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Come on now, that happened long ago, the Chinese came, intermarried, worked hard no doubt, and exploited the lazy Thais, built up businesses, then bought all the land and most of the other businesses. Thats why the Thais are paranoid about we farangs owning anything, but it is too late, they are closing the barn door after the horse has bolted.

Not exactly...

The Chinese intermarried...between Chinese families, then changed their names to make them sound Thai.

Then they created almost all the businesses, especially the big ones, and kept the local population in total ignorance with the help of what is probably the worst school system in the world.

Finally, the Thais didn't close the barn after the horse had bolted, but after the Chinese Trojan horse had been invited in!

• Like 1

Put a large thrash containers every 50 meters along each soi or road....have them emptied regularly during the weeks and not to overflow.....build proper thrash disposal plants all over the country.....the garbage problem will highly improve as people do not [all] worship littering all over the place.....

.....and for god's sake Stop blaming your farang walking ATM's,  for every problem in the country :wai:

5 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

It is not an onslaught of Tourists that is "stressing out " Thailand

Thailand is  " stressing out " Thailand, because of a Country that is living 50 Years in the past.

The Thais really cannot cope with their own success as far a Tourism goes.

I don’t know. Thailand has one of the better infrastructures for tourism. It’s almost too good which is part of the problem.

Its cheap, easy to get around, and there are always accommodations.

Unfortunately, they’ve focused more, in recent years, on mass sale tourism and lack environmental awareness which is now coming back to hurt them. 

8 minutes ago, thenoilif said:

Unfortunately, they’ve focused more, in recent years, on mass sale tourism and lack environmental awareness which is now coming back to hurt them. 

Thailand would rather have a hundred tourists spending each ten dollars a day, than ten tourists spending each a hundred dollars a day!

• Haha 1