Thailand: Safety measures for tourists 'in urgent need of upgrade'

webfact

8 hours ago, Lingba said:

need of upgrade???...a bunch of bs fodder for the media!...Thailand doesn't know how to implement what they already have in place...how can they possibly upgrade?

Maybe it will be in the Thailand 4.1 release? 

• Like 1

Safety measures for tourists 'in urgent need of upgrade'

I know its not a funny subject but something about that picture of the sunken ship along with the headline made me laugh. It's like "Really why? oh there's a picture of sunken ship"

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, cookieqw said:

I gleaned this from another article. Seemed to hit a spot with me !

Also Thailand typically does not have a 'blame culture', where a culprit must be found for any misadventure. There is a more fatalistic acceptance of things going wrong, less public clamour for accountability.

On the Guilt-Shame-Fear Index Thailand is usually thought to be approximately: Guilt=10%, Shame=60%, Fear=30%. So you can imagine that whenever they have the opportunity to place Blame (which goes with Guilt) without interfering with Shame or Fear (farangs are not important in the Shame spectrum, and, unlike many, many Thais, will not immediately respond with Fear (violence)), they jump at the opportunity.  It's perfect for them. Blame foreigners as much as possible to use up our 10%.  LOL

http://honorshame.com/culture-profile-thailand/ 

Global-Culture-Types-II.png

Edited by Fex Bluse
added link
  • Like 2