Thailand cave rescue British diver John Volanthen says: 'We are not heroes'

webfact

15 hours ago, fantom said:

He is right.

15 hours ago, connda said:

I like that guy.  They had a job to do, they did it. <period>  I respect that.

He did the right thing. That is enough.

From my thought for the day for tomorrow: (July 15th):

July 15th 

DOING THE RIGHT THING IS ENOUGH 

“When you’ve done well and another has benefited by it, why like a fool do you look for a third thing on top—credit for the good deed or a favor in return?” —MARCUS AURELIUS, MEDITATIONS, 7.73 

The answer to the question “Why did you do the right thing?” should always be “Because it was the right thing to do.” After all, when you hear or see another person do that—especially when they might have endured some hardship or difficulty as a consequence for doing that right thing—do you not think, “There, that is a human being at their finest?” So why on earth do you need thanks or recognition for having done the right thing? It’s your job.

On 7/13/2018 at 9:39 AM, ThreeEyedRaven said:

"We are not heroes. What we do is very calculating, very calm. It's quite the opposite."

"We take it one step at a time and hopefully, as we've managed to in this case, we come up with the results."

And praises every other person involved both Thai and foreign. A real gentleman, who thoroughly deserves the plaudits he is receiving.

Seeing him so humble and unassuming, makes me proud to be British, and I am very happy to see him rewarded with the Elite Visa and free flights.

Receiving an honour from the Queen would be pretty just I would say.

Which queen? I know a queen bae living in London. She would be glad to make an acquaintance.