20 Thousand Bars In Pattaya!

khunopie

Could it be? If I went to 1 a day it would take 55 years to visit them all... assuming the rate of growth is nil...

If Pattaya had 500 bars 20 years ago and now has 20 000, in 2027, assuming the same rate of growth, Pattaya will have 800 000 bars... if you went to 1 a day........

""Two decades ago, the town had 500 bars. Now there are more than 20,000, mostly sidewalk bars with a few stools "'

Edited by Jai Dee
Link drop to external blog deleted.

Could it be? If I went to 1 a day it would take 55 years to visit them all... assuming the rate of growth is nil...

If Pattaya had 500 bars 20 years ago and now has 20 000, in 2027, assuming the same rate of growth, Pattaya will have 800 000 bars... if you went to 1 a day........

""Two decades ago, the town had 500 bars. Now there are more than 20,000, mostly sidewalk bars with a few stools "'

dont beleive that there are 20,000,not for a minute. sure there are a lot but a lot of them are empty or very close to it. awful lot of them for sale too,just waiting for another mug to buy it so he can stay here with his 'new friend'. still somebody must be making money from these empty beer bars,the landowner presumably.8000 bars still sounds like too many but i suppose hotel bars, beer bars, gogo bars,pubs ,restaurants.anybody have a reliable figure?

dont beleive that there are 20,000,not for a minute. sure there are a lot but a lot of them are empty or very close to it. awful lot of them for sale too,just waiting for another mug to buy it so he can stay here with his 'new friend'. still somebody must be making money from these empty beer bars,the landowner presumably.8000 bars still sounds like too many but i suppose hotel bars, beer bars, gogo bars,pubs ,restaurants.anybody have a reliable figure?

The cops certainly make money from it all.

20,000 does seem far too high.. I did read on another forum there are 20,000 barGIRLS in Pattaya maybe this was whats meant?

I would of thought 5,000 would be an overly high estimate if you think about it :D

I shall look into it more in 16 weeks time (not that I'm counting you must understand)

JSB for me :o:D

Perhaps some obliging person might like to do a bar crawl from the Dolphin Roundabout to the southern end of Walking Street, and count the bars.

Drink one beer in each bar and keep a written record as you go. If you make a mistake in the count, you will need to start again. :o

Perhaps some obliging person might like to do a bar crawl from the Dolphin Roundabout to the southern end of Walking Street, and count the bars.

Drink one beer in each bar and keep a written record as you go. If you make a mistake in the count, you will need to start again. :o

Good idea,i will start tomorrow and put the bills on your account.

Good idea,i will start tomorrow and put the bills on your account.

That's OK. I have an unpaid account in each and every bar. :D

Make sure you ring the bell before you leave every bar. I love the sound of excited alcoholic bar girls screaming with delight every time the bell tolls. :D

An interesting and worrying linked article about the rise of child prostitution. At any one time 200 men are waiting for underage sex with boys!

Do people believe the article is accurate or not?

There will be no discussion of child prostitution on ThaiVisa.

Please see the Forum Rules.

Thank you for your understanding.

Visit 50 a day for about a year. Problem solved.

What's the problem? :o

BTW, there are only 2,327. I know I was there one weekend.

As this thread has been moved from another forum, could someone enlighten me as to where the original quote/info/source came from stating that there are 20,000 bars?

Or did the OP just pull the number out of the air?

Just curious.

As this thread has been moved from another forum, could someone enlighten me as to where the original quote/info/source came from stating that there are 20,000 bars?

Or did the OP just pull the number out of the air?

Just curious.

The number was published on a blog Mobi.

The link has been deleted in accordance with ThaiVisa's Forum Rules.

But it does make an interesting topic for discussion...

:o

I've read in a few news reports that there are about 4,500 odd bars but I can't verify this. I wouldn't have thought it was that much, more like 2,000 but that's a wild guess.

Some apartment buildings sell beer downstairs as an extra service for their guests, no regular hours or anything like that, do they count? I'm pretty sure a few of them aren't licensed.

What about the 7/11's and Mom and Pop shops that have a table outside, some people drink there all hours of the day too, don't think they count as bars either. No one really knows the answer to this question.

Any advances on 2,000?

As a Pattaya "Old Hand" I'd say it depends greatly the bounderies which are set as Pattaya.Do we mean Naklua,Jomtien etc or are we looking at Dolphin Roundabout to Pratumnak and stretching out over Sukhumvit ?

Depending on these bounderies I'd reckon that indeed yes you could have 20,000 in the Pattaya and Surrounding areas.

EPG.

All Beer Bars have to be licensed do they not ???

Then I guess City hall could give you the exact number of Bars

in operation in Fun Town If you really wanted to know.. :o

Well, the provincials calculated the new CCTV shit. They estimated a total investment of THB 1,000,000,000 - THB 1,500,000,000.

Each bar, restaurant, guest house, hotel is expected to invest about THB 30,000 - THB 40,000 on CCTV equipment.

So..............the governor estimates that there are 30,000 - 50,000 CCTV's needed. I think, that the figure of 20,000 BARS is not far beyond the truth.

BUT, who says it will increase over the next couple of years.............from 500 in 1987, 20,000 now......maybe not 800,000 in 2027 but just ......... 500 again? And the only visitors are retired american navy seals from the few resorts in Pattaya that are left after the government confiscated the rest in order to serve as luxury resorts for the rich and famous Thai.

Edited by idle44mins