German allegedly overstayed visa for nine years, 55 others arrested in latest X-Ray Outlaw foreigner raids

webfact

Nine years in the shadows.  Wonder how survived.  When I think of outlaw, I think of a masked man to steals money from schoolmarms, not some guy who just got tired of doing visa runs.   He should have kept his status clean and moved to a neighboring country where it is easier to survive legally. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, missoura said:

I am guessing he may have a family, a house and the whole nine yards. Part of me feels sympathy for the man, but he has no one to blame but himself. Sad really.

I agree. The cost for an extension would have been 1900 baht/year.

Edited by Vacuum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

He'll be deported back to Merkeland... punishment enough?

Sorry, didn´t think about that. Yeah, you are right! I guess he will say he have no money and stay in IDC with a smile on his face. :cheesy:

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

I once visited a uniform making shop in Tapa-Jan, and saw buckets full of badges, insignias and decorations of all shapes colors and purposes lining the floor, apparently, you can decorate yourself to look like a veteran navy seal while pushing a pencil in some office...

Ah! I wondered why the lady teacher who runs the school cadet detachment wears para wings and a combat infantryman badge!?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Surachet said the operation focused on checking English-language schools because many foreigners, who do not live in the kingdom lawfully, like to disguise themselves as English teachers.

Have they been walking around in black trousers slightly frayed at the bottom, washed out but carefully pressed short sleeve shirts, with inky fingers, carrying pads of those coloured smiley stickers that P1 and P2 love to get on their homework then?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, missoura said:

I am guessing he may have a family, a house and the whole nine yards. Part of me feels sympathy for the man, but he has no one to blame but himself. Sad really.

Oh that's just rad. 

Give the voice of sympathy on one hand , then snatch it back with the other. 

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

Nine years in the shadows.  Wonder how survived.  When I think of outlaw, I think of a masked man to steals money from schoolmarms, not some guy who just got tired of doing visa runs.   He should have kept his status clean and moved to a neighboring country where it is easier to survive legally. 

Not sure you need to live in the shadows as such. I'm a younger guy and only got my passport checked once in 5 years of living there. Given Thai's respect for elders I'm guessing you could go forever without a random check.

• Haha 1