Easy Pass

8 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

If you go online you can see your car lic plate number assigned to the card details, but I don't see why you cannot swap the card to other vehicles like you say?

When you first get the transmitter and card you do register the use against a vehicle and I'm sure that you are supposed to use it in that car only, in reality you could use it in any vehicle, there is no way for the gate to check the registration number and the gates can only be used by light vehicles paying the same toll.

When they combined the two systems I know of a few people that had both, this really caused some confusion when passing through the tolls, even know of examples where it took off both for the same toll and this had to be credited back, not an easy process.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got Easy Pass today.

Went into a Toll Booth just after paying tollway.

Showed application form that I had downloaded from their website and filled in at home.
In the form you fill in car make, licens plate, address and mobile number etc.

Handed over

Application Form

Signed copy of picture page of passport.

Nothing more were asked for. I placed my passport and car registration book in the counter opening, but was not opened.

Price: 500 baht and they are all in my balance.

Have 500 baht available balance.

Got registration receipt with all data, address, car make, passport and mobile number. 

All done in less than 10 minutes.

The app they have is very easy, english version also, and shows balance and transactions. Website same. 

Tried top-up via mobile banking. Very easy.

I was told a replacement card is 100 baht and new transmitter is 1.000 baht. Seems like you not need the card for daily use.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2018 at 4:52 PM, bkkthai said:

Just got Easy Pass today.

Went into a Toll Booth just after paying tollway.

Showed application form that I had downloaded from their website and filled in at home.
In the form you fill in car make, licens plate, address and mobile number etc.

Handed over

Application Form

Signed copy of picture page of passport.

Nothing more were asked for. I placed my passport and car registration book in the counter opening, but was not opened.

Price: 500 baht and they are all in my balance.

Have 500 baht available balance.

Got registration receipt with all data, address, car make, passport and mobile number. 

All done in less than 10 minutes.

The app they have is very easy, english version also, and shows balance and transactions. Website same. 

Tried top-up via mobile banking. Very easy.

I was told a replacement card is 100 baht and new transmitter is 1.000 baht. Seems like you not need the card for daily use.

So they did not need any confirmation of your address? Is the car registered on you?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 7/14/2018 at 2:35 PM, vinegarbase said:

Just go to any Krungsri Bank and ask what they need to get one. I just showed my passport and car book with license plate # and that was it. 

Any Kungsri bank even outside BKK ?

Can you apply even if the car is not in your name ?

Thanks.

Hi All, I top up my card on line using Kasikorn Bank, the card comes with it's own ID number. Also use it on both my cars, just hold it out of the car window, did see a guy in front of me have his taped to the end of a pole.

Regards

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Archived