Unable To Use Yahoo Messenger

girlx

anyone else have this problem? since that earthquake fiasco every issue i had has been resolved- connection and speed are fine, skype works, etc. but i can not connect to yahoo messenger any longer. the weird thing is i went to bangkok last week and with the wifi connection at my hotel (probably true co.) i was able to connect to it, but now that i am back home (via my tt&t maxnet connection) i can not get it again. can anyone think of why that might be or how to fix it? i need to IM for my work.

I've had no problems connecting with Yahoo messenger. A few things to try:

- Can you still log into your mail account? Check that, make sure your password didn't get snarked when you were in BKK.

- Can you log into yahoo through something else other than Yahoo messenger? Try meebo.com, or trillian.

- Play with the connection setting under the yahoo messenger preferences tab. Change your internet connection setting and home country.

hrm i did the update but that didn't help. i checked my settings they are ok. i can log in with trillian but i am used to the sounds of yahoo messenger, so i was hoping i could get it up and running. but trillian is ok for now. if anyone has any ideas why i can't connect let me know... thanks!

edit: actually as i was typing this i realized the answer- i had a proxy server set up in yahoo messenger, and it was not able to connect via that, so i changed it to no proxies and all is well now.

Edited by girlx