Vientiane Valentine

srisatch

Soukvimane at That Dam. It is a bit behind, so watch for the sign. They have REALLY Lao food, even Tam Mak Mee and Mak Lin Mai. If you go for a mix between Lao and Thai food, just go to the usual restaurants: Tamnak Lao (near the Anusawaree) or Khua Lao (also close to That Dam).

Cheers

Lots of nice places along the river serve large fish with all the trimmings.

Sorry, any other day, maybe yes. But on Valentine? Guy wants his wife to stay healthy, right? Those shops don't have running water for washing dishes and (if it happens to cross their minds) their cooks' hands... I would not recommend these shops for a romantic evening

Lots of nice places along the river serve large fish with all the trimmings.

Sorry, any other day, maybe yes. But on Valentine? Guy wants his wife to stay healthy, right? Those shops don't have running water for washing dishes and (if it happens to cross their minds) their cooks' hands... I would not recommend these shops for a romantic evening

I ate there many times and my farang stomach survived the experience. A lot of those places do the 'tin hat" bbq much loved by Thais and Lao, the Lao call it see-dam, from the colour of the metal. Very romantic, you can feed each other. Any Lao tuk tuk driver will know one.

Thanks

Of course if we were to continue a thread about restaurant hygeine!!

After my wife went to Europe for the first time, let alone later, she said I don't understand why all Thais are not dead if these are standards of hygeine required. But then she went on to speculate that perhaps...! actually Thai food was not so full of bugs that such exacting standards were required. Mind you she won't go to a wet market any more and never buys nor eats chickens...anywhere LOS, Europe...